cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When can we order the 2017 Calendar ??

Irishgranny
Leader

Did I miss the deadline for the 2017 calendar ??  Have had one every year..love the animals.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

A_Kron
Neighbourhood Alum
Neighbourhood Alum

Thank you for sharing your enthusiasm for our TELUS calendar. In alignment with our company’s commitment to environmental sustainability, we made the decision to move to a digital version of our calendar for 2017. 

Update: Our digital calendar has launched!

If you’re more a digital calendar type-of-person we’ve got you covered. Change your desktop up every month with a new TELUS critter or nature background. It’s free and easy to download, just head on over to http://calendar.telus.com/.

Merci de nous avoir fait part de votre intérêt pour le calendrier TELUS. Conformément à notre engagement visant la protection de l’environnement, nous avons pris la décision d’offrir le calendrier 2017 en format numérique. 

Mise à jour: Notre calendrier numérique est en ligne!

Si vous préférez une version du calendrier numérique, nous avons ce qu’il vous faut. Changez l’arrière-plan de votre bureau tous les mois avec un nouveau fond d’écran d’animaux TELUS ou à thématique nature. Il est gratuit et facile à télécharger, il vous suffit de visiter http://calendar.telus.com/. 

View solution in original post

250 REPLIES 250

I find it very hard to believe they declined in popularity, telus has gone cheap, so ticked off a digital desktop calendar does nothing for me, so thanks for nothing!!!!!!!! Always looked forward to these Calendars it was like a Christmas Present from Telus to say thanks for being a loyal customer, to bad telus couldn't be loyal to there customers!!!!!! Merry Christmas

JennM
Just Moved In

Boo!  😞  Very disappointed as I still like to have a physical calendar.  

6-er
Just Moved In

"the demand for our calendars has significantly declined"

So, is that why the 2016 calendar ran out so fast? I ordered mine the first or second day they were available and got one, but when my mother-in-law tried a few days later she couldn't put in an order because they were all gone and the page was shut down (I'd sent her a link). I'd have preferred a more honest or just plausible reason today for cancelling this program: "sustainability" is understandable, "cost-prohibitive" though less appealing would also have worked, or even just a blunt statement like "we don't want to give away calendars anymore”, but don’t tell me the demand declined when it was actually the availability. A smarter idea would have been to take photos from past calendars (hello cost savings) then taken orders from clients willing to pay for a calendar, print up the exact number needed, and ship them out in December with all proceeds going to say WWF to pick a charity at random. Your cost are covered, the people who really want a calendar get one, and a charity gets a potentially sizeable donation. Instead, you look bad, we feel bad, and some charity is missing out.

Feel free to steal that idea for 2018.

Yeah I don't buy that the demand was down when they would go like hotcakes. 

Sillycat
Just Moved In

I honestly can't believe that demand for the calendars has declined as it has always been a problem trying to get one in time. We rejoined Telus from a different provider and the selling point was that we would start receiving the calendars again. Digital calendars don't cut it; the paper quality isn't the same. I have kept every Telus calendar from the first year they came out. I am HUGELY disappointed with this version. Hopefully, it can be reversed and still have one available for 2017. I am all for reprinting past photos, just don't stop printing the calendars!

NukeMike
Just Moved In

The news that it will be a digital only calendar is very disappointing.

The physical calendar has been a perk (remember when that used to be a Telus marketing thing!) for a number of years.

Please let Telus management know that this is very disappointing for Telus customers.  

This is something that my kids look forward to having each year.  

At the end of the day, I suspect that has nothing to do with being green, but rather saving money. 

Zelda
Neighbour

I liked that it was bilingual, my sister teaches in a french immersion school and this calendar was awesome! 

I also had one on my wall, to put reminders on it. This is another typical move of Telus... who cares what the customer wants?  And all of our comments will go unnoticed....

And all of our comments will go unnoticed....

They sure will.I'm sure a memo has already gone out telling staff to avoid this topic. We should have known 3 weeks ago when we were told that'exciting' news was coming the following week,and then nothing happened. I got a 2017 calendar from the Alberta Milk Board and it will do just nicely. Its not on glossy paper but it only took 3 days from the time I ordered it to the time it arrived in my mailbox. For a company that advertises " We give where we live" it boggles the mind that they couldn't have come up with a better excuse. 

rivergurl
Just Moved In

Looks like a lot of Telus customers are disappointed in the removal of the yearly calendar. Most people already have a digital calendar on their mobile devices so not interested in another download. Its the fact that is was a paper calendar, with stickers, that made it fun to use. Thumbs down

2_Scotts
Just Moved In

2017 Telus Calendar:  Very disappointed that the Telus calendars are going digital. We look forward to the glossy calendars every year with the cute characters; in the past, I have even bragged to some friends about your calendars.  On them, we record all our appointments, birthdays, anniversaries, weddings, funerals, etc... and enjoy seeing the Telus character of the month each day. I don't have access to the nice, glossy paper that your calendars come in, and printing them on copy paper, honestly just isn't the same if you know what I mean.  We pay to Telus over a thousand dollars a year for our telephone and Internet services (more than what I earn in two months), and I always thought of the calendars as a gesture of thanks for being valued, Telus customers. In the past, I was even willing to pay for the calendar, but they were always free and I appreciated that.  Anyway, thank you for all the Telus calendars we were blessed to receive in the past.  I hope that with more feedback from other valued Telus customers, you might reconsider for 2018.  I can hope!

boo-girl
Just Moved In

Well here again we loss something great to technology. Do you really think that everyone want a digital calendar. NOT ME..I got my first Telus calendar from my husband who was a Telus manager..He passed away in a tragic accident in 2009..I made a point of getting a calendar every year since. It always makes me smile and think about my late husband. Now what do I hang on my wall..a freekin computer..Dumbest idea Telus has..Yup take away a good thing ..And Telus wonders why people switch to other providers..Might just be on my list of things to do..You take away the good things so why use Telus..HAPPY NEW YEAR...I will get a calendar from work..

Scotty16
Just Moved In

Very disappointed that there will be no printed calendar....wish you would change this decision.

Jean1
Just Moved In

I called Telus Mobility today and they said they have changed the format of the calendar. They will be issuing a digital format soon, not a printed copy. Darn! Not happy about that! 

MarilynI
Neighbour

I am very disappointed in Telus not producing the hard copy of the 2017 Calendar!!! I do NOT want to have to open my computer just to see it! I love the pictures and display it in the wall in my KITCHEN not a desktop! I am so disappointed that I am considering moving to Shaw. So sad.

Gingerbread
Organizer

Too bad to hear about no printed calendars. But my daughter and I are putting together our own for 2017 using Telus's pictures from last year and a calendar template we found online! It's been a fun craft, putting in family birthdays and such. 

Here's the template we're using if anyone else is interested: https://templates.office.com/en-us/12-Month-Calendar-TM10000102

Congrats on you making lemonade out of lemons.  Unfortunately my 92 year old mother does not do crafts, does not have a computer, has trouble seeing and really loved those old calendars.  Even my grandkids are too old to be interested in making up PC calendar pages to staple together and I am certainly not interested.  There is no lack of other options out there for cute calendars.

owlsquest
Just Moved In

Was just on Chat.  Same story about not enough demand.  Odd that my son and a couple of friends couldn't get one last year just days after I ordered mine.  Even sent them the link I used but it was shut down.  Many of my family outside Telus service were jealous of the cute calendar I had every year. 

I don't want a digital calendar.  I prefer to look at the hard copy above my lab bench each day, not turn on my computer.  Brings a smile even on stressful days.  Don't own a printer either and even if I did couldn't find ledger size glossy paper that would print on a consumer printer.  Have been with Telus since they were AGT and with mobility since 1996.  The last few years have seen a steady decline in customer service for a company that boasts keeping it in the community.

I would have been willing to pay for a calendar even though it was free advertising for you.   Profits could have gone to WWF or the SPCA but no.  Telus shows it's true self to their new and longtime customers.  Bottom line is all that is important not the customers that make that bottom line for you.

attelus
Just Moved In

It's time to switch to another service provider.

rmikhail
Just Moved In
I've been with TELUS since 2002 (14 yrs), and this is the worst news I received from them. There's no way that there's a "decline in demand" when it comes to these calendars. Everyone loves them and I use them every year at the office. It's not the same when you ask us to pull a cheap move like that (i.e. Print it yourself...we wanna save $). We don't live in a third world country so please get your....act....together and start making your customers happy again.

What I don't understand is  it too expensive for Telus  printing the  Calendars ? 

Or  if it's true there is a low demand, why they can't print them just for long time customers?!

Doesn't make any sense and BTW Telus publicity is all about the critters, it's a brilliant idea

why to abandon it? And it's a way to keep your customers too

Digital is not the answer!

...and I don't think the question has been solved from our point of view! Smiley Sad