When can we order the 2017 Calendar ??

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

Highlighted
Neighbour

I liked that it was bilingual, my sister teaches in a french immersion school and this calendar was awesome! 

I also had one on my wall, to put reminders on it. This is another typical move of Telus... who cares what the customer wants?  And all of our comments will go unnoticed....

Highlighted
Connector

And all of our comments will go unnoticed....

They sure will.I'm sure a memo has already gone out telling staff to avoid this topic. We should have known 3 weeks ago when we were told that'exciting' news was coming the following week,and then nothing happened. I got a 2017 calendar from the Alberta Milk Board and it will do just nicely. Its not on glossy paper but it only took 3 days from the time I ordered it to the time it arrived in my mailbox. For a company that advertises " We give where we live" it boggles the mind that they couldn't have come up with a better excuse. 

Highlighted
Resident

Not interested in a digital calendar.  I wanted the paper one.  Just another disappointment from Telus.

Highlighted
Connector

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"

And if we don't like the post?! ... because we were all hoping for a real calendar

and we are so disappointed, sigh

how to give the "Not Like" ?

I already have 3 different digital calendars Smiley Sad

Highlighted
Resident

Well the money you are saving on cutting the calendars will be more than offset by your loss of business (the next time Shaw calls I'll actually talk to them and see what they can do for me) It's not too late..it's Christmas..don't be a Scrooge....Christmas is a time for tradition.

Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User

@katbel78 wrote:

NFtoBC

And if we don't like the post?! ... because we were all hoping for a real calendar

and we are so disappointed, sigh

how to give the "Not Like" ?

I already have 3 different digital calendars Smiley Sad

The closing asks if you find the post useful, not whether you like it or not......... Robot wink

You are, of course, free to express a different, or even contrary opinion, as many have, and continue to do! 

NFtoBC
Highlighted
Resident

No calendar to hang on my wall! where we have had one for as many years as i can remember. We all loved to see what cute little animal would appear the next month. Your calendars were just such a nice addition to our home, they were amazing. I write our family appointments on it, and look every morning what is going on for the day. It was our organizer. Sorry, but I cant get that same result from an app on my phone. I print out very few items so i do not own a descent printer, so i am not wiling to print up each page each month.

What a huge disappointment.

You guys suck =(

Highlighted
Resident

Looks like a lot of Telus customers are disappointed in the removal of the yearly calendar. Most people already have a digital calendar on their mobile devices so not interested in another download. Its the fact that is was a paper calendar, with stickers, that made it fun to use. Thumbs down

Highlighted
Resident

This is SUPER disappointing! The reason for the decline in calendar requests is Telus made it almost IMPOSSIBLE to order calendars and always said the demand outweighed the supply... Even Coast Capital Insurance who said that they don't do calendars are doing them this year. Everyone wants to hang a calendar on their wall. Bad move Telus, also, expecting people to give you ideas to improve your company for FREE is REALLY LAME!  Most companies pay to get great ideas from talented individuals. Telus just gets richer from it's customers and doesn't give anything back. BOO on Telus.

Highlighted
Resident

What an utter disappointment.  Whose great idea was a digital, stay looking at your computer screen to see what day it is, idea?  Off with his/her head I say.   The very popular photographic paper calendar, that one can hang on a wall, is a reminder that life in the animal kingdom can be so beautiful and privileged. Surely the calendar was also a very much appreciated and loved THANK YOU from Telus for all the funds we contribute to their business? 

Resident

2017 Telus Calendar:  Very disappointed that the Telus calendars are going digital. We look forward to the glossy calendars every year with the cute characters; in the past, I have even bragged to some friends about your calendars.  On them, we record all our appointments, birthdays, anniversaries, weddings, funerals, etc... and enjoy seeing the Telus character of the month each day. I don't have access to the nice, glossy paper that your calendars come in, and printing them on copy paper, honestly just isn't the same if you know what I mean.  We pay to Telus over a thousand dollars a year for our telephone and Internet services (more than what I earn in two months), and I always thought of the calendars as a gesture of thanks for being valued, Telus customers. In the past, I was even willing to pay for the calendar, but they were always free and I appreciated that.  Anyway, thank you for all the Telus calendars we were blessed to receive in the past.  I hope that with more feedback from other valued Telus customers, you might reconsider for 2018.  I can hope!

Highlighted
Resident

Well here again we loss something great to technology. Do you really think that everyone want a digital calendar. NOT ME..I got my first Telus calendar from my husband who was a Telus manager..He passed away in a tragic accident in 2009..I made a point of getting a calendar every year since. It always makes me smile and think about my late husband. Now what do I hang on my wall..a freekin computer..Dumbest idea Telus has..Yup take away a good thing ..And Telus wonders why people switch to other providers..Might just be on my list of things to do..You take away the good things so why use Telus..HAPPY NEW YEAR...I will get a calendar from work..

Highlighted
Resident

Very disappointed that there will be no printed calendar....wish you would change this decision.

Highlighted
Friendly Neighbour

Why is this exciting news?  Print out your own? Are you kidding? Are you going to give us your high definition (PNG, GIF, TIF) files of each month so I can print my calendar professionally for my office? And what about the stickers? I think this could have been handled better - ie for those customers who hoped for some good news, at least offer them a stuffed animal or other gitchy ioot which marketing usually has extras of.  

Highlighted
Neighbour

So VERY disappointing.  It was great advertising for Telus as it was in my kitchen and everyone that came to my home always commented on the uniqueness of the calendar.  Such a shame Telus that your company could not keep a little "nostalgia" alive via a paper calendar.  Shame on you for going to a digital calendar and losing all that free advertising that your clients gave you by hanging your calendar in their homes.  Very sad but then again, should have expected as much!

Highlighted
Resident

I called Telus Mobility today and they said they have changed the format of the calendar. They will be issuing a digital format soon, not a printed copy. Darn! Not happy about that! 

Highlighted
Resident

Hi RhoLee,

I sure hope the digital version will have the animal theme, yes????

Theresa2

Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Theresa2 As far as I know, yes, we will be sticking to the same theme 🙂

Highlighted
Resident
I am very disappointed! I loved that calendar and I look forward to getting one every year! I hope they get a lot of feedback from people that are going to miss it too and maybe bring it back for 2018! Now I will go out and find another calendar to put on my wall...
Highlighted
Resident

Yaaaaay! Cat Very Happy

Highlighted
Resident

I cannot believe there is less demand for these calendars.  I know so many people who look forward to getting one.  This is just another example of reduced customer service/support I have been experiencing from Telus.  Last time I called support I was #42 in line and then I tried to chat and I was #45 in line.  I don't have time to wait around for their convenience.

Highlighted
Resident

Sad...very sad.  I look forward to the real calendar every year.  My grandaughter and I put the stickers on.   I do not want a digital calendar. Please reconsider this decision,

Highlighted
Connector

You may be excited to share this but I, and apparently hoards others, are not excited to receive the news.  Your "justification" is horse pucky as the Colonel would say.  Telus used to at least make a pretence of caring about its customers for other than pockets to pick.  Between your behaviour with TV, internet and tel services, I would say that it is now very clear even to the blind that the emperor has no clothes.  Fortunately there are still other companies out there who provide free calendars and I will be looking fondly at their name for the next 12 months instead of yours.

Highlighted
Neighbour

I am very disappointed in Telus not producing the hard copy of the 2017 Calendar!!! I do NOT want to have to open my computer just to see it! I love the pictures and display it in the wall in my KITCHEN not a desktop! I am so disappointed that I am considering moving to Shaw. So sad.

Highlighted
Neighbour

I also tried to order an additional 2016 calendar and they were all gone as well. I do not for a minute believe there is not enough interest in the calendars, Telus is just interested in saving money not looking after their loyal customers. Too bad Telus does not care.....

@Zelda wrote:

I find that hard to believe as a lot of times I would ask for extra ones and was always told they were no extras available.. Don't want  or need a digital calendar... 

Highlighted
Organizer

Too bad to hear about no printed calendars. But my daughter and I are putting together our own for 2017 using Telus's pictures from last year and a calendar template we found online! It's been a fun craft, putting in family birthdays and such. 

Here's the template we're using if anyone else is interested: https://templates.office.com/en-us/12-Month-Calendar-TM10000102

Highlighted
Connector

Congrats on you making lemonade out of lemons.  Unfortunately my 92 year old mother does not do crafts, does not have a computer, has trouble seeing and really loved those old calendars.  Even my grandkids are too old to be interested in making up PC calendar pages to staple together and I am certainly not interested.  There is no lack of other options out there for cute calendars.

Highlighted
Resident

Was just on Chat.  Same story about not enough demand.  Odd that my son and a couple of friends couldn't get one last year just days after I ordered mine.  Even sent them the link I used but it was shut down.  Many of my family outside Telus service were jealous of the cute calendar I had every year. 

I don't want a digital calendar.  I prefer to look at the hard copy above my lab bench each day, not turn on my computer.  Brings a smile even on stressful days.  Don't own a printer either and even if I did couldn't find ledger size glossy paper that would print on a consumer printer.  Have been with Telus since they were AGT and with mobility since 1996.  The last few years have seen a steady decline in customer service for a company that boasts keeping it in the community.

I would have been willing to pay for a calendar even though it was free advertising for you.   Profits could have gone to WWF or the SPCA but no.  Telus shows it's true self to their new and longtime customers.  Bottom line is all that is important not the customers that make that bottom line for you.

Highlighted
Resident

It's time to switch to another service provider.

Highlighted
Neighbour

I do not want a digital calendar. Why did you run out of calendars for 2015, 2016 if there was such a low demand, I do not believe a word of it. I will be considering Shaw as a provider since this is just the last disappointment from Telus. Too sad as I have been with Telus for a long time, I guess too long.