cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Theme packs

Darlene1
Coach

My bill is too high and I have tried to delete/cancel some under "movie pick 8 themes"on my online account but the cost reduction does not show up. Before you could cancel channels/theme packs and it would show the deducted amount. My question is are the theme packs, say 8 of them do they each cost 7 dollars so if I only pick 5 theme packs under the pick 8, the cost would be 35.00 instead of 48.00? for example

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

You would likely need to switch to a package of fewer theme packs to see a discount. Your current package should allow you to choose 'up to' 8 theme packs. You would need to switch to the 6 theme pack option to save the $10 or so per month of the lesser package. You could also go with the basic package ($30) and add the channels / theme packs you really want.

The $7.00 you see is usually the fee charged for theme packs (or channels) in excess of the bundled packages available from the website.

If you are truly seeking the best deal, call in to Telus; the Customer service reps can give you the best info on how to get a plan which best meets your needs.  Also, sometime this year, channels will be made available outside of the current themes, and you can revisit your choices then to see if an even more suitable selection of channels is available to you.

Hope this helps!

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

You would likely need to switch to a package of fewer theme packs to see a discount. Your current package should allow you to choose 'up to' 8 theme packs. You would need to switch to the 6 theme pack option to save the $10 or so per month of the lesser package. You could also go with the basic package ($30) and add the channels / theme packs you really want.

The $7.00 you see is usually the fee charged for theme packs (or channels) in excess of the bundled packages available from the website.

If you are truly seeking the best deal, call in to Telus; the Customer service reps can give you the best info on how to get a plan which best meets your needs.  Also, sometime this year, channels will be made available outside of the current themes, and you can revisit your choices then to see if an even more suitable selection of channels is available to you.

Hope this helps!

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"