Telus Reward "Special" Bonus flaws

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

Highlighted
Connector

I just got a flyer in the mail letting me know about Telus Rewards. It says that if I activate my Rewards account I will get 30 points. What it doesn't say is that those 30 points are actually "Bonus" points as described below:

According to https://www.telus.com/en/bc/rewards/howitworks there are three "Special" Bonuses available:

Enrollment activation bonus - Activate your TELUS Rewards account by logging into your My TELUS. You’ll earn 10 points to get you started.

10 points

Enrollment activation bonus tenure - A tenure bonus to show appreciation that you've been a TELUS home services customer for over 2 years.

20 points

Pre-authorized payment - Sign up for pre-authorized bill payment

5 points

The 30 "activation" points are really only the first two "bonus" points combined. While poorly described, that's not really a problem. The problem is that you only get 5 points for signing up for pre-authorized payments. If you're already on pre-authorized payments you don't get bonus points.

How hard would it be to automatically award the whopping 5 bonus points if I'm already on pre-auth? And what if I have both my Home and Mobility accounts on pre-auth? Shouldn't I get 5 + 5 points?

This is the same sort of treatment where new customers get better deals than existing customers, only on a smaller scale.