cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Somebody put a tick on my last post which i left open for a reason

kruisey
Advisor

I have still not seen my account on line or my credit card online credited for the $85 upgrading from 25mbps to 50 mbps .

My bill including that $85 has been debited to my credit card by Telus.  No refund at all on account or Credit card.

Please do not close this until this  $85 has been refunded to me....Thank you 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Well the emloyees in Loyalty and Retention,all by the way are very kind to me have given my acount a $25 +$5 credit towards my next months account.Only the $60 returned to my credit card has not shown up as yet.

When that happens the $85 plus the $5 missing from have all services with Telus will be restored.

I will put the tick on here when all is accounted for.

Let me say again alll the employees and Technical Help are always wonderful to me when I have a question.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

And per your last post on the thread you initially opened, I don't work for Telus. I am no stranger to this industry though. As for my note that charges that stem from an installation typically are related to inside wiring work. Sales won't usually show the charge but if the tech did work at the premises, that's where the additional charges appear on the next bill.

Telus will not do anything based on a post on the forums. Call them. It is your only option. They will have to verify who they are speaking with anyways before any changes to an account are made.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

I spoke with Telus and they have made a note on my account that there is no charge for the work when upgrading from 25 mbps to 50 mbps.Naturally wiring has to be changed.

They told me that if ever they did  decide to charge the customers would have to be informed first.In my case I was not informed because the Telus employee knew there would be no charge.

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

The call center reps will never know for sure if there is a charge when an installer goes out. There is always a chance. If they have already noted on your account, and you actually talked to someone, did they inform you the credit (if any) will show on your next statement? Very few companies I know of refund cash for services billed monthly unless the service was flat out cancelled. They tend to adjust the next upcoming statement.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

You say you are not employed by Telus.? Why do you think you know the inside knowledge of this Company?

I have been told by several employees there is no charge for upgrading from 25 mbps to 50 mbps.This has been documented by employees on my account that there should have been no charge and they have signed their names to it.

I am in an apartment complex  and already wired for the 25 mbps.

Beginning to wonder now how many others have been billed for this service and should not have been ?

Nighthawk please be honest about yourself  this website is paid for by Telus.

No credit is showing up anywhere at the moment because it is being handled from the executive level.

Remember  October and November I was billed for a new single line which I do not have and never requested.I did have the credit for that.

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

I am being honest. I don't work at or for Telus in any capacity. I do however have considerable experience with tech support (which includes Canadian and American ISPs, cable, DSL and IPTV) as well as business practices commonplace to large corporations.

As for the pre-wired, did they give you the new Actiontec modem for 50MB and put a second line to it or is it still using the single phone line? If two, they likely did some wiring work which is where the potential for costs appears. I mention about the paid installer work because I have been advised by a Telus sales person of that when I had an installer come out previously.

I certainly was not informed that I would have to pay additional $85 for this upgrade by anyone.The employee who took the order would have told me then and there if there was going to be be one.

Yes naturally I have the Actiontec 2 and looking behind my desK there is an extra line in the wall .Each upgrade I have had since telus TV started with just SD channels the installer has fiddled around with wiring  no charge.

I must say I have been getting lots of empathy from the Telus employees when I phone in and they understand my frustration with all this.

In Canada the charges for internet and TV are really high I do not know why this is ? I know because I have to go overseas for a few months each year due to a family illness and their charges are much lower.IN the USA they have better deals but they do have many more subscribers.Still feel our prices still to high due to lack of competition.

There again that is another story and my reason for venting on this thread is due to the $85 on my account which shouldnot have been.

May I add have been a loyal Telus/BCtel customer for over 43 years.

It will be best to contact Customer Care directly at (your area code)3106988 or chat with them at https://www.telus.com/chat  They can surely pull up your file, review and discuss with you the billing concerns. http://www.telus.com/get-help/contact-us/index.jsp

Hi Parrot I have been that route and the employees are  most kind and have empathy for me they all state that should have been no charge.

An executive that contacted me stated there should have been a charge but this one time would refund.

Though the loyalty and retention department  state there should have been no charge and they handle far more concerns than an executive.

At no time was it ever stated to me there would be a charge.

Why would they charge when the benefits from the Companies revenue would increase with the monthly charges,remembering Canadians are charged higher prices than other countries?.

Its profit making the more the customer has in services better for business.

Well the emloyees in Loyalty and Retention,all by the way are very kind to me have given my acount a $25 +$5 credit towards my next months account.Only the $60 returned to my credit card has not shown up as yet.

When that happens the $85 plus the $5 missing from have all services with Telus will be restored.

I will put the tick on here when all is accounted for.

Let me say again alll the employees and Technical Help are always wonderful to me when I have a question.

Today my online credit card account shows the balance has been returned.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to everyone.