cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Price after 12 months?

Freeduff
Just Moved In

I have a friend who is considering switching to Telus and taking the $89 per month deal for TV essentials, Internet 25 and the free TV.

However, they have a very valid query in that they want to know what the price will  increase to after the first 12 months?

I asked this from a Telus rep but they were vague and said 'prices are subject to change with a  30 day notification'

I think this is unacceptable when you are comitting to a three year contract that you don't know what you will be paying in years two and three.

potentially it could jump from $89 per month to $150 or more and theres nothing that can be done.

I would like clarification as to whether my understanding of this is correct as I don't think I will be able to sell my friend on Telus unless this is cleared up.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

nasty
Rockstar

Price protection not guaranteed.

All the 3 year contract does is pay the subsidy of the "free" TV. Avoids monthly rental on each of the TV cable boxes.

There is minor deals with no contract. 1/2 price for 6 months.

You can buy  the TV hardware to avoid monthly rental.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

nasty
Rockstar

Price protection not guaranteed.

All the 3 year contract does is pay the subsidy of the "free" TV. Avoids monthly rental on each of the TV cable boxes.

There is minor deals with no contract. 1/2 price for 6 months.

You can buy  the TV hardware to avoid monthly rental.