cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poorly delivered phone books

hwilcox1952
Just Moved In

There are over 30 phone books laying in driveways/laneways in my neighbourhood. Most are NOT in plastic bags and have been thrown at the bottom of driveways some at the bottom of driveways with NO house on the lot. Many are just 20 more steps to the doorstep but obviously someone was in a hurry. I noticed this same problem 2 km away on another street. Who is going to pick them up? They are useless soaking wet garbage now.

I can send a pic or two if you give me an address to send from my phone.

3 REPLIES 3

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

Hi there. The phone books are actually not related to Telus in any way. The Yellow Pages Group is who distributes the phone books - and yes they do leave them all over. One time they just left them in a stack in front of the condo building itself.

I'd suggest contacting them directly.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

@Nighthawk, OP hasn't logged on since posting over a week ago so I guess it wasn't that big a concern for him/her.

The delivery of phone books is contracted out locally by YPG. As such the quality of contractors varies greatly.

The (Yellow Pages Phone Books) are totally "Useless-Nowadays" few costumers used, since is easier to look for a Phone# in your, own Cellular phone list or entered the Person-Company-Name in the Google Search Bar to get it.

Some cities like, San Francisco in USA..already decided not to printed the "YPGs" anymore. Let's do the same in CA. Bye <V9>

@v9-12 yrs.Telus mobile user & Ex-BC Tel cable installer.
Find this reply useful-Give likes to his author
The future is unknown?