cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phishing

Gord36
Just Moved In

I’ve received an email from “Telus “ which appears to be a phishing attempt.

I can’t contact Telus quickly.

8 REPLIES 8

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User
Like this one?
https://forum.telus.com/t5/My-Mobility-Account/Phishing-scam-email-claiming-to-be-from-Telus-Mobilit...
NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

Yes, but try to tell Telus quickly and easily!

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

@Gord36wrote:
Yes, but try to tell Telus quickly and easily!

Not sure how telling Telus would change much. Trying to filter, or deal with phishing emails is like playing Whack-a-Mole, and the agency mimicked in the content can do little about it. Best that can happen is for folks to apply critical thinking skills, and not click suspicious links.
If the email came to you through your Telus email account, you can forward it to their attention, as described in this article.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

I usually don't have any problem identifying phishing messages, but I am now getting so many claiming to come from Telus (two so far today, 11 in the last month)  that I was very suspicious of a genuine Telus e-mail I received last week.  At the rate this problem is getting worse I will be getting them hourly soon:(

Make that 3 phishing messages from 'Telus' today and 12 in the last month.  Told you they would be coming hourly soon.

hologram123
Advisor

Hey @Gord36! The quickest way to report phishing emails is to forward them to our abuse team at [email protected]. We definitely appreciate any information possible to put a stop to this. This is technically not spam, this is a company posing to be us, so this is fraud.

Hope this helps!

I have been reporting all these messages to [email protected] for at least the last 2 years.  Doesn't stop them coming more and more frequently.  Got another one on the 8th (making 4 that day) and one yesterday.

I also have escalated the issue with Telus support - case number 587693

This is getting so bad that I am seriously considering the considerable inconvenience of giving up on my e-mail address and changing to another e-mail service.

@Nick2 Wow that is awful! Please understand that these phishing emails are beyond our control. I sometimes even get them on my own work email and my personal email! The more this happens the more we need to know about them. Thank you for consistently reporting them to our abuse team as well as Telus support. Sadly we are not the only company dealing with this. I hope it resolves soon!