cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PDF of e-bill

ByronCook
Just Moved In

I am unable to view my electronic bill through the Telus system. It says I on't have the correct application. Is it not available in PDF? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Since you didn't include any information on the error I'll take a guess and assume that PDF's are not opening properly in your old version of Chrome/OS.

Option 1:

Follow these instructions to tell Chrome to save the PDF rather than trying to open it.

https://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch001114.htm#chrome

Option 2:

Try downloading a newer version of Acrobat Reader. I think Adobe Reader X was the last version that was supported for Vista. PDF's should open in the stand alone reader rather than in a Chrome tab. 

https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/install-reader-x-windows.html

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

xray
Hero

Yes, TELUS electronic statements are in PDF format. You should be able to download it from this page.

TELUS eBill.PNG

SuperFred

Hi ByronCook, in order to help you, I need to know which web browser you're using and are you getting an error message? Try using a different browser (Chrome or Firefox) and keep us updated. Keep us posted and let us know if it's working, thanks!

Yours is an old post, but this is a new problem for me.  

I can no longer download Telus PDF bills using Chrome v71.  Unfortunately it's the last version that will run on my computer with Windows Vista.  I have no problem with PDF downloads from other vendors, including my bank, where i would expect security to be a much bigger issue than with Telus.  

Have also tried other browsers; Telus won't work with them either.  Why not?  Does Telus expect me to get a new computer?  

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

@RickinBC

What error do you see when you try to download?  There should be no issue (PDF is PDF after all). 

As a temporary work around, can you download it to you phone and email it to yourself?

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

Thanks for your response, NFtoBC.  I see no error.  When I click on the "Download PDF" button, in the lower left corner of the screen it just shows a duplicate of the existing page link (i.e. the Telus Billing page).  So if I right-mouse-button and "Open in a New Tab", I get a duplicate of the Billing page.  As a work-around, I did as you suggested from a friend's newer computer.  

I had tried Opera with a similar result, and with my last supported version of Internet Explorer I can't even got to the Billing page.  But last night in exasperation I installed Firefox v52.9 and am happy to report that everything works just fine, so I'm back in business.   

But why Telus has weakened their code to no longer support some browser versions mystifies me, especially when the Telus site doesn't look to be very complex.  And also why Telus support was of no use, couldn't even tell me the minimum version number required for Chrome.  And most significantly, I have no similar problems with other vendors, so I'm sorry to have to say, but this suggests a problem in the Telus IT Department, perhaps under-staffing, some level of incompetence or just a poor attitude towards those of us customers who can't keep upgrading our technology when all we need is fairly basic stuff.  

Hi

I'm completely with you "... so I'm sorry to have to say, but this suggests a problem in the Telus IT Department, perhaps under-staffing, some level of incompetence or just a poor attitude towards those of us customers who can't keep upgrading our technology when all we need is fairly basic stuff."

For a long time already there is absolutely no way to find the prices for the PureFibre plans on the web, entering the address bring me back to the top of the page, can be repeated indefinitely. "Contact Us" in my account does not work, always back to the top of the page, back button does not work (for a long time already), "To help us improve this website, we'd love to hear your feedback. Tell us what you think", seriously, are you kidding me, brings me back to the top of the page, pages not loading, just a circle turning indefinitely, the same problem with phone plans from mobility, and the waltz goes on ...

Since almost two years PikTV on the media box is available, actually not really, it's still not working the way I expect it to work. Needs some user action like reset or unplugging at least every second day, goes back into sleep mode in the middle of watching Life TV, etc . The future is friendly - I don't think so.

TELUS shame on you, I do not know where the problem is, but this company has a huge problem somewhere.

Marcel

@clint17, I think you posted a reply to the wrong thread. What you are saying has nothing to do with downloading PDF eBillls.

Since you didn't include any information on the error I'll take a guess and assume that PDF's are not opening properly in your old version of Chrome/OS.

Option 1:

Follow these instructions to tell Chrome to save the PDF rather than trying to open it.

https://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch001114.htm#chrome

Option 2:

Try downloading a newer version of Acrobat Reader. I think Adobe Reader X was the last version that was supported for Vista. PDF's should open in the stand alone reader rather than in a Chrome tab. 

https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/install-reader-x-windows.html

Thanks for the ideas, xray.  I tried your Opton 1, but with my Chrome v49 did not have the "PDF documents" option in the "Content Settings" section.  Your other suggestion was not applicable, as I can open PDF documents with no problem.  

You indirectly helped me get over this, however, because when I was on the computerhope.com screen that you sent me to, I saw their suggestion for Mozilla Firefox, and that led me to install Firefox and try it.  I'm happy to report that the Telus PDF download works correctly in that browser, so I'm back in business.  

So thanks very much for your help.  

@RickinBC it is always helpful to everyone when you report what worked and what didn't work.

Many times the reason web sites stop supporting old ways of doing things is because the old ways were not secure and vulnerable to hacking. The newer versions of browsers stop supporting the old ways for the same reasons.

I recommend upgrading your PC to a newer OS simply to get the security updates and to be able to use the more secure versions of all software.

Most legitimate web site have no financial interest in making you upgrade. However they do share an interest in making the web a safer place for everyone.

Tim73
Just Moved In

how can I view my complete E bill

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

The monthly eBills can be viewed / downloaded as PDFs from your account. Are you looking for something different?

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

Thank you and it help alot  Sent from my LG Mobile