cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outgoing mail server-Mac Mail

sammi
Just Moved In
I've been having issues with my outgoing mail server. No trouble with incoming mail in Mac mail. This has happened before and tech support was awesome in solving the problem. Today, after being on hold/phone for more than 38 minutes, I was referred to a fee-for-service agent. Not acceptable as Telus set up the outgoing mail server remotely on my previous call
3 REPLIES 3

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

I've said it before, most of the support people there are Mac illiterate. There may be one or two that know OSX but they are hard to get. 

Are you getting an error message?

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

We may be able to help you if you share a description of the issues you are having.  There are a number of OS X users here onto forums who may be able to offer assistance.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

Usually the latest version of Apple Mail automatically finds the Telus server settings. To change the settings go to "Mail" next to the apple logo then click preferences. Highlight the Telus email account you have already set up then click on the "outgoing mail server (SMTP)" drop down and click "edit SMTP server list" Either highlight the current Telus smtp server or create a new server by clicking the + . Then make your settings look like this:

Untitled1pnf.png

Untitled.tiff