cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Land Line Static

gunlktelus
Just Moved In

We Have Severe Weather Related Line Static Which Renders Our Land Line Unusable during wet weather.

However It Is Still Possible For Someone To Leave A Clear Voicemail.

Our Research Indicates That This Is Most Likely Water Ingress To The Lines Up On Poles Somewhere.

We Live In Quite Remote Area Subject To Harsh Weather, Falling Trees, Etc.

& Must Wait Months For A Telus Service Person To Come.

Any Suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

SuperFred

Hi, it seems that we have 2 good answers from our friends NFtoBC and Nighthawk.

NFtoBC: If you've already called Telus about this, and a service tech is to be dispached, I suggesting contacting your neighbours and determining if they experience the same. More calls from the same area with the same problem should cause Telus to priortize the request, and may help them better determine the area affected.

Nighthawk: In some very remote areas Telus will only send a tech when there are a lot of people affected. Telus flies techs in some areas and I bet that costs a lot. It sounds like you have a wet line. There is water getting in somewhere. I've seen squirrels chewing on the wires cause that before. (more than once) Some things I would suggest trying. If you have a Telus box on the outside of your house, check the housing for damage as well as any kind of gap where the phone line enters it. If there are any holes maybe patch it with electrical tape to see if that helps. If the problem is outside of that box, it will be hard for you to find the source. If you have older lines in the area that could cause issues. Alternately if you have one of those little green Telus boxes on the ground nearby and water is getting in there, you may have neighbors that are affected. If you do have them call in.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

If you've already called Telus about this, and a service tech is to be dispached, I suggesting contacting your neighbours and determining if they experience the same. More calls from the same area with the same problem should cause Telus to priortize the request, and may help them better determine the area affected.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

In some very remote areas Telus will only send a tech when there are a lot of people affected. Telus flies techs in some areas and I bet that costs a lot.

It sounds like you have a wet line. There is water getting in somewhere. I've seen squirrels chewing on the wires cause that before. (more than once) Some things I would suggest trying. If you have a Telus box on the outside of your house, check the housing for damage as well as any kind of gap where the phone line enters it. If there are any holes maybe patch it with electrical tape to see if that helps. If the problem is outside of that box, it will be hard for you to find the source. If you have older lines in the area that could cause issues. Alternately if you have one of those little green Telus boxes on the ground nearby and water is getting in there, you may have neighbors that are affected. If you do have them call in.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

SuperFred

Hi, it seems that we have 2 good answers from our friends NFtoBC and Nighthawk.

NFtoBC: If you've already called Telus about this, and a service tech is to be dispached, I suggesting contacting your neighbours and determining if they experience the same. More calls from the same area with the same problem should cause Telus to priortize the request, and may help them better determine the area affected.

Nighthawk: In some very remote areas Telus will only send a tech when there are a lot of people affected. Telus flies techs in some areas and I bet that costs a lot. It sounds like you have a wet line. There is water getting in somewhere. I've seen squirrels chewing on the wires cause that before. (more than once) Some things I would suggest trying. If you have a Telus box on the outside of your house, check the housing for damage as well as any kind of gap where the phone line enters it. If there are any holes maybe patch it with electrical tape to see if that helps. If the problem is outside of that box, it will be hard for you to find the source. If you have older lines in the area that could cause issues. Alternately if you have one of those little green Telus boxes on the ground nearby and water is getting in there, you may have neighbors that are affected. If you do have them call in.