cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I got an email about my Pre-Authorization payment being Declined

I_Post_When_Telus_is_Broken
Friendly Neighbour

I received a rather threatening email from Telus today about my Pre-Authorized payment being declined.  The email also threatens to charge me a $25 NSF fee.

I have a pre-authorization setup for my credit card, and my credit card has a $0 balance.  It took me a few minutes just to sign in to Telus, I can't get a reply from anyone, there is no chat feature to talk to anyone and I don't have time to waste 6 hours waiting on the phone to resolve this.

I can't reply to the email, as it states no one reads the emails in the email.

It appears to me that the Information Systems Telus operates is failing in some capacity. If I pay this bill online, will it be that I've now paid them twice?  I have no notification from CIBC about a declined payment, I just can't take a spammed email from TELUS seriously at this point.  Am I going to be billed $25?  For broken IT systems at TELUS?  What is going on over there?  

6 REPLIES 6

I_Post_When_Telus_is_Broken
Friendly Neighbour

At this stage, since there is little to no support and I am not keen on wasting my own time, I will just monitor my billing until the next cycle.

I don't know whether TELUS employees read the messages in the community or not either, but I have configured my Automatic Payments correctly, there was nothing for me to change there, everything is good on my end.

If I am billed any late payment charges or NSF charges I guess I'll have to waste my time calling and clogging the support lines, I will point the CSR to this thread and I will expect any charges to be reversed, as there is absolutely nothing I can change or do from my end. If charges don't reverse I'll escalate up to the director of client relations.

Not very impressed with the lack of communication means.  And I don't use Twitter.

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

You haven't stated anything about a debit to your credit card. If the payment has not been deducted by Telus, there should be no amount on your card.

Is this the first payment you have made on this account?
Is it the first automated debit with this credit card? Usually there is a month delay before automatic debits occur.

If there has been a debit - you may wist to be certain the correct account number as been assigned the credit.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

It's a credit card on-file, and the payments have come out normally multiple times, for over a year since I created the Pre-Auth profile.  Nothing to do on my end right now as I see it, as the spam email may be incorrect, and as you say the payments may take some time to show on my credit statement. 

Also I had performed an Equifax check a couple of years ago and noticed how Telus is structured as a "Loan" type account, as if I've borrowed money from them and I'm "paying them back" for their services.  Telus is by no means a bank and should not report a fraudulent NSF to damage my credit by the way they have set themselves up in my credit report.  If there is no answer for these basic billing and financial questions, TELUS needs to do a complete re-think of how they bill their customers.

Again, this should go all the way up to the directors.

If you purchased phone from Telus on any of their plans, that would be a loan at the credit agency. If you simply have a cellular plan, it is paid in advance, and thus not a loan. Similarly, the hardware portion of your home internet is a sunk cost, and is chargeable to you if not returned at the end of your service time; thus a loan for the hardware.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

I only have internet and Telus Optik. It is a loan for some reason. How should I protect my credit from Telus billing system failures?