cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to ban Telus Marketing Calls

Chrisq
Organizer

Everyday I get marketing calls from Telus on either my landline or cell. Ive asked these agents in India many times to take me off their list, but these people are only following a call sheet. They don’t decide who to call nor can they remove a number from the list…or so they say. 

Im getting to a point where I’m considering leaving Telus over this. It’s become so disruptive and aggressive. I own every Telus product, yet they want to always upsell me something I don’t need. Greedy and desperate in my opinion. 

Anybody else had this problem, any suggestions who to contact to get my name off Telus’ **bleep**ty call lists?

thanks. 

4 REPLIES 4

WestCoasterBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

You can call 310-1000 (Press 1, Press 1) works in AB, BC and have your number removed.

Not as easy as pressing 1 and 1... they have their robo wall that you have to try and navigate around... if you can get around it, you'll then be tasked with trying to get the person they've outsourced on the line, to understand what you're asking for, and hope they don't just disconnect the line to get rid of you when they realize they can't help or they don't want to.

I'm currently on hold with somebody through this 310-1000 number (i pressed 1 for english, 1 for the next option after, then had to press 5 I think, then kept asking for customer service until the robo thing started dialing and got me a human)... Buddy on the line sounds like he's at a construction site, legit can hear banging of a hammer in the background... I asked if he's OK because of all the noise, and he said it's his system that's slow (uhhh, right...).

Told me he started a case and a 1800 number would phone me back to "assist"... curious if A) I get a call back and B), if they even know why I called in the first place...

I'll update here how it goes but I suspect this won't be a one and done attempt.

Kbdb
Just Moved In
I'm having the same issue. It's very disruptive to my day. There must be a way to get removed… anyone know how?