cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Internet usage Total Resetting To Zero

Hinton
Organizer

Anyone else having problems with the Telus "My Account" "Home Internet Usage" page?

I regularly look at my internet usage via the "Home Internet usage" page under "My Account". On the last billing cycle I noticed that suddenly I had two accounts with one listed as 0 GB used while the other showed the original account. After a few days the original account disappeared and the remaining account showed zero to the end of the billing cycle.

My bill for that cycle was a mess of cancelled services and partial charges but the grand total for the bill was correct. I have not changed my services in any way since staring with Telus a few months ago.

With the beginning of the new billing cycle the usage figure accumulated normally until yesterday when it reset to zero again.

19 REPLIES 19

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User
Mine did similar in February. It is possible Telus has changed the naming of a number of their offerings, and you are seeing the result.
NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

Hinton
Organizer

Six days into this billing cycle my usage still shows zero GB and the 'Past Usage' graph is also incorrect. Way to go Telus Smiley Frustrated

Mine shows Last updated on May 21 at 4:46am PDT

Mine used to show the date/time too but now shows

"Last updated within 24 hours"

Mine now shows (on May 27th):
Last updated on May 24 at 7:46am MDT

Interestingly the 300GB data cap nows shows as 'Unlimited':

TELUS Internet 25
Speeds up to

Data
mbpsdownload
mbpsupload

unlimited
usage

It's working again, sorta. On May 30th it shows "Last updated on May 28 at 6:39am MDT"

.. and on June 1st it still shows "Last updated on May 28 at 6:39am MDT"

.. and on June 5th it still shows "Last updated on May 28 at 6:39am MDT"

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

What are the odds that if it's unlimited, that it'll even show usage data? (I have no idea since I have a 300GB cap still and my usage is showing.)

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

@Nighthawk

Mine shows a green circle with the number of consumed GB, and a notice that I have unlimited data allowance. For instance, 36GB of unlimited. 

NFtoBC

@NFtoBC wrote:

@Nighthawk

Mine shows a green circle with the number of consumed GB, and a notice that I have unlimited data allowance. For instance, 36GB of unlimited. 

Mine shows 39/300 GB on that page (Home Internet usage) and unlimited on the 'Internet Plan' page

... and on June 9th it still shows Last updated: on May 28 at 6:39am MDT

No change on the GB total since May 28 while the days left in the billing cycle updates correctly. Hilarious Man LOL

May 22, 2017 - June 21, 2017 8 days left
TELUS Internet 25

Data 39/300 GB
Last updated: on May 28 at 6:39am MDT

Still not seeing any usage numbers in 'My Account' and my most recent invoice (Jul 22 to Aug 21) also no longer shows it.

I'm still listed as having:
TELUS Internet 25 (included data:300GB)

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Mine is showing 0 for June, and 0 so far in July.

Let's see if we can get an answer from higher up the feeding chain.

NFtoBC

I wouldn't worry if your usage was showing as 0GB assuming your billing was otherwise proper. Consider it an error in your favor 🙂

Happened to me for the month of June when I was moving from DSL to fibre.

@JTL wrote:

I wouldn't worry if your usage was showing as 0GB assuming your billing was otherwise proper. Consider it an error in your favor 🙂

Happened to me for the month of June when I was moving from DSL to fibre.

I'm not worried, just want them to provide what they promise:

https://www.telus.com/en/bc/support/article/managing-your-internet-data-usage

4. Here, you will find:

• How many days are left in your bill cycle
  • Your data allowance
  • How much data you have used
  • Past usage

The page seems to be updating again as it now shows "Last updated: on Aug 20 at 1:34pm MD". With one day left in my billing period the total is only 39GB so I don't think it's been working long. Hopefully it'll be working OK on the next billing period.

Good question Nighthawk. Just checked again and it is still showing:

TELUS Internet 25
Speeds up to

Data
mbpsdownload
mbpsupload

unlimited
usage

Also checked my current invoice and it does not show a charge for unlimited data nor did I ever order that.