cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About internet usage

Venelope_cwk
Neighbour
My internet plan starts on March 22. However, when I view my internet usage online today, it only shows my usage starting from April 1, but not from March 22. May I know why? And how can I find a way to know my usage from March 22. Thanks
7 REPLIES 7

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

There are no dates on my internet usage graph, just months. Can you provide a bit more detail, or a screen shot to explain what you mean?

If you just started with Telus, it will be reporting to the end of your billing cycle.

Screen Shot.png

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

Whenever I log in my accound and try to view the usage, it will just tell me what's my usage starting from the beginning of this month instead of the beginning of the day of this plan. Therefore, I am not able to keep track my usage.
I am a new user of Telus, but is there a way to keep track of my usage throughout the month?

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Did the graph reset on April 1?  Usually the circular graph shows the use for the billing period, and is reset at the end of the billing period.

NFtoBC

The graph did reset on April1st. However, I started to use this internet since March22nd. Is there anyway that I can know my internet usage from March22 till now?

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Then, no. The circular graph is supposed to show your use during your billing period, and the bar graph your past billing periods usage. Your actual billing period usage will show on your bill. 

My my graph is from March 10 to April 9. 

NFtoBC

Well... As mentioned before, I started my plan on March22. But why the internet only show the usage from April1? What about the time in between March22 and March31?

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

If you were to share a screen shot of what you are seeing, it would be easier for us to offer comment.

The most likely reason is your billing period is from the 1 April, and the 9 or 10 days in March are prorated for the period between March 1 and March 31. If you were already a Telus Subscriber for other services (home phone, TV, etc) then your internet bill would have the same service intervals as these services, and the few days in March will be prorated for that period.

Remember, this Neighbourhood is inhabited by customers, just like you. We have no insight to Telus business plans, and no connection to the internal workings of Telus. We volunteer to share knowledge about Telus products and services which we have gained by experience or surmise.

NFtoBC