cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3 year contract

Mariham
Friendly Neighbour

I WOULD LKE TO KNOW HOW OTHERS FEEL ABOUT HAVING A 3 YEAR CONTRACT, WITHOUT READING IT OR SIGNING IT.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Yes indeed to the last posters comments 🙂
Thx Nighthawk!

1-888-811-2323

Mon-Fri 7:30 AM to 9 PM MST

Saturdays and Sundays 8 AM to 6 PM MST

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

You don't have to get the service on a 3 year contract if you don't want to. I got a three year contract because it's cheaper than Shaw, I get free Optik boxes, and better channel packs than Shaw. Plus Shaw's 2 year contracts are worse.

A lot of companies will sign you up over the phone on contract. You are free to ask as many questions as you want when you sign up including the terms of the contract. If you decide it works for you, go for it. If you don't ask questions, you can only blame yourself if you're not happy.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

xray
Hero
It's foolish to enter any contract without knowing the details. I agree with @Nighthawk, you've got nobody to blame but yourself if you didn't make any effort to understand the details of the contract first.

I have a semi-related question to this thread...

My contract expires in December, and I'm wondering about the PVR. As of now, it's $15/month for the PVR once my 3 year initial contract is up. Can I sign up for another 3 years and continue getting free PVR, or am I forced into that $15/month, with no hope of "Rent-To-Own" at any point...?

Thanks in advance!

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

Just call in. My contract ended last October and I'm on the same plan I had (off contract now), same price and I'm not paying anything for my PVR. If you ask the Retention guys very nicely what is possible, you may get lucky like I did.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

Yes indeed to the last posters comments 🙂
Thx Nighthawk!

1-888-811-2323

Mon-Fri 7:30 AM to 9 PM MST

Saturdays and Sundays 8 AM to 6 PM MST