Mobility

Trusted answers and information about Mobility devices, services, and solutions from Neighbourhood contributors and the TELUS team.

iPhone Unlock - What You Need to Know.

Community Manager
  • Contributors:

Looking to have your iPhone unlocked? Here are the steps you need to follow:

1. Confirm the device serial number, also called IMEI, under Settings, General, and Information. You can also find it by hitting *#06# from ‘Keypad’ in the ‘Phone’ icon. phone.jpg
  1. Contact us to get your IMEI number unlocked through Apple’s database. 
  1. Your last step will be to insert the SIM from the new provider and plug in the device with iTunes and perform Synchronization. You can also refer to this Apple KB article for step by step iTunes instructions

Some additontional considerations -

• TELUS can only unlock TELUS devices.
  • You need to have an active account to be eligible.
  • There’s a $50 charge for unlocking your device.
  • If subsidized, your device needs to be active on your TELUS account for minimum of 90 days
  • Getting your device unlocked by the service provider that initially sold it will guaranty you a permanent unlock and hassle free solution. Life is short; don’t waste time and money unlocking it elsewhere.

Was this article helpful?

Was this article helpful? Yes No
Comments
Spyder
Resident

I am not a Telus subscriber, but how do I unlock an iPhone 4S that I recently purchased that was locked to Telus?

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Spyder, you need to have an active TELUS account to be able to get the device unlocked. Ever thought of switching? If so, please feel free to reach out to @TELUSsupport on Twitter or send a private message on the TELUS Facebook page.

Lian1999
Just Moved In

Hello everyone, I live in Mexico and i think i just got scammed by a seller. I wanted to buy an iPhone and i saw this opportunity to get one for a reasonable price, not cheap though, contacted the seller and got the phone. He told me it was unlocked when i bought it, got home, popped my sim card in and it said that the phone wasnt unlocked. I said ok, i should contact him and return the phone, but when I tried it was like he just disappeared, and I started digging around the web. I checked the imei and it appears to be blacklisted, and now I dont know what to do. What should i do to fix this situation?