cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
100% helpful (1/1)
C_Fun
Community Manager
Community Manager

Voicemail Translation is a service that lets TELUS Mobility customers, with a postpaid plan, translate their mobile voicemails from English/French to the following available languages: English, French Mandarin, Cantonese, and Punjabi.  This service is only available via VoLTE (Voice over LTE) and/or Wi-Fi Calling.

How do I enable it?

You can enable this service by logging in to your My TELUS account and managing your add-ons and services.

How does it work?

• First-time users will be required to set up the preferred language to translate their mobile voicemail by dialing *96 and following the Interactive Voice Response (IVR) menu to guide you through this set-up process.
  • After set-up, users can listen to their translated voicemails by dialing *96 from their VoLTE-compatible mobile phone.
  • Download the handy Voicemail Translation Quick Reference Guide to reference features and helpful tips in the following languages:

Which languages are supported?

The following languages are supported with Voicemail Translation service: 

• English
  • French
  • Mandarin
  • Cantonese
  • Punjabi

Can I use it while roaming outside Canada?

This service requires VoLTE Roaming to be accessible outside Canada. For more information, visit TELUS’ VoLTE support page here.

How is it secured?

To protect your privacy and security, you will be required to input your mobile voicemail password each time you access this service.  

Do I need to pay to use it?

Not at this time.  This service is currently offered free of charge and customers may cancel the service at any time without penalty. Data charges may apply when using this service while in VoLTE Roaming.  

Disclaimer:

- The Voicemail Translation service may contain translations powered by Google. TELUS and Google disclaim all warranties related to the translations, expressed or implied, including any warranties of accuracy, reliability, and any implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement.

- By using Voicemail Translation service, customers accept and agree to be bound by the TELUS Mobility Service Terms, as well as the TELUS Privacy Commitment  and TELUS’ Customer Privacy Commitment. and any obligations that arise under their individual Customer Service Agreement with TELUS.

Was this article helpful? Yes No
Version history
Last update:
a month ago
Updated by:
Community Manager