trade in

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

Highlighted
Rodney2007_2007
Advocate

I was offered 80.00 to trade in I signned up a few months ago got the unit 425.00 and got it free two yr term if I see a unit that is 0$ or 79.00 can I get it? I dont understand how the trade in works thanks 

Most Helpful
WongTong
Ambassador

The trade-in program allows you to get a credit in store when you renew your contract, towards your new device, accessories or on your device balance cost. If for example your trade-in value is 80$, if you renew your contract with a new phone and that new phone cost 0$ on 2 years, than you can apply that 80$ credit on accessories or on the device balance (cost of renewing your contract before the end of current one). If you purchase a phone that's 100$ on 2 years, than you'll pay 20$ (+ device balance cost if applicable)

Rodney2007_2007
Advocate

Thanks I tried to do this yesterday Best buy said sorry they cant let me and they called the security team of telus to figgure this out they suggest me to wait 6 -12 months I had only for 2 months theres 21 months left.

WongTong
Ambassador

Our trade-in program is only available at Telus stores. Best Buy have their own trade-in program and policies.

Rodney2007_2007
Advocate

Yes I am aware of this