told if I didn't wear a mask I would be refused service , what is Telus policy ?

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

Highlighted
Rockstar

@Syaoran these provincial and municipal by-laws that you are referencing don't make those citizens a protected class under the federal charter of rights & freedoms, nor do they in most provinces that have independant human rights tribunals. Thus, any business can still refuse you entry for not wearing a mask and not be held legally liable for doing so. They don't need to give you a reason, they can just say no.

iPhone power user
Highlighted
Rockstar

@Syaoran Here we go.  You can't provide a logical argument, so now the insults and talk about deodorant. 

Your interpretation of the law seems strange as well as your logic.

I don't want anyone to get sick.  I take a dim view of anyone who does not take precautions to protect themselves and others.

I am not hiding scared but at the same time, I see no reason why I nor anyone else should be exposed to covid-19 by anyone who out there with no mask.

I'm sure the OP here did not mention having a "medical" condition, it certainly seemed to me that they just did not want to wear a mask. 

I will report any business not complying with mask bylaws and social distancing.  I have already reported a few and will continue to do so.  

Highlighted
Rockstar

Plain and simple!  The law is the law and no company is above the law when it comes to people's rights!  Paranoia is no excuse for ignorance and discrimination!  

I spoke to Sam at Telus Executive Client Relations about this.  Not only was he aware of the varying laws, but encouraged anyone going into a Telus store that is denied service and has the By-Law information supporting that the store was in the wrong to deny you service and store address.  the Telus Executive Office will deal with the matter swiftly and contact you back, if you leave your number.  

Highlighted
Rockstar

I respect wear the mask for every ones safety. Why don't go somewhere and see how far you get at a business with the mask rule. These laws you quote don't mean anything.

Highlighted
Rockstar

Documented bylaw information in Calgary is that the business CAN decide to refuse service AND ask the person to leave.  If they do not leave, they are trespassing.  Trespassing is illegal.  Rather than continually spouting nonsense, quoting people who are not in a position of authority with law enforcement, and mixing up human rights legislation with other laws, perhaps educate yourself on what is doable and what is not.  And show some consideration for others by wearing a mask.