re upping my #TELUS wi fi hotspot connection at Beyond Paradise Day Spa & Nails Ltd in Abbotsford

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

Highlighted
Connector

Hi,

whenever I'm at the nearby sushi restaurant and have to re connect to this particular hotspot it won't give the acceptance email.

it connects fine at other hotspots but for some reason neither me or the wife have had any luck.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Most Helpful
Community Power User
Community Power User

If you've recently connected elsewhere, you should automatically connect to this device. I wonder if it is no longer part of the Telus network, but has not been physically removed. These hotspots require the business be a Telus customer, and if the Spa is no longer a Telus customer the service may also have been terminated to the hotspot.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Most Helpful
Community Power User
Community Power User

If you've recently connected elsewhere, you should automatically connect to this device. I wonder if it is no longer part of the Telus network, but has not been physically removed. These hotspots require the business be a Telus customer, and if the Spa is no longer a Telus customer the service may also have been terminated to the hotspot.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Connector
It connected fine if we re affirm at another location. It just wont accept first time connection.
Highlighted
Advocate

I have seen that happen a few times myself.  I think it has something to do with newer SSL behaviour in web browsers.  They refuse to be redirected to the next Telus page thinking it's some kind of man in the middle attack.  Telus likely needs to tweak their authorization protocol a bit to accommodate this.

Try to first go to a non-SSL page to avoid a cached SSL certificate.  

Try an older browser or different one if you can.

The most trouble I have is with Chrome, MS Edge, or Safari browsers

Firefox seems the easiest to work, I use an old portable version of firefox 17esr I keep around to manage a network switch that works every time.