cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mobile add on features... which to add?

batkinson001
Neighbour

Hello, I might be moving to Alberta from Ontario in a few months and I wont have to re-sign up for my plan for another year and a half...  those shareplus plans while expensive are nice but I don't get many phone calls as a rule...

In order to keep in contact with family and friends, I have been looking at adding either the $20 Long distance option or the $20 Favourite 5 numbers option, however I cannot decide which is better...  I already get unlimited texting with my 450 min voice 3GB data for $55 per month employee plan through my work...

can you guys help me decide which one to get?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Dark_Knight
Rockstar

Well that really comes down to your calling pattern. Do you ONLY have 5 or less people that you call regularly in Ontario? If so, the Fav 5 is likely the best option. It gives you truly unlimited calling to those 5 numbers.

The benefit of the $20 unlimited long distance feature is that you can call anyone, anywhere in Canada, and not have to worry about long distance charges. The one thing you will need to keep in mind with this feature is that is will still use your airtime, so you are limited to the 450 minutes you have in your existing plan, anything above that and you will be charged overage.

Something to consider, if you are the one receiving the call, it doesn't count as long distance unless you are outside of your local calling area. I assume you are changing your phone number to an Alberta number, right? If that is the case, your family and friends could always call you. 

I think that is as clear as mud...lol

I would probably choose the $20 long distance feature, but that's just me. 🙂

iPhone power user

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Dark_Knight
Rockstar

Well that really comes down to your calling pattern. Do you ONLY have 5 or less people that you call regularly in Ontario? If so, the Fav 5 is likely the best option. It gives you truly unlimited calling to those 5 numbers.

The benefit of the $20 unlimited long distance feature is that you can call anyone, anywhere in Canada, and not have to worry about long distance charges. The one thing you will need to keep in mind with this feature is that is will still use your airtime, so you are limited to the 450 minutes you have in your existing plan, anything above that and you will be charged overage.

Something to consider, if you are the one receiving the call, it doesn't count as long distance unless you are outside of your local calling area. I assume you are changing your phone number to an Alberta number, right? If that is the case, your family and friends could always call you. 

I think that is as clear as mud...lol

I would probably choose the $20 long distance feature, but that's just me. 🙂

iPhone power user

View solution in original post