mms

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

Highlighted
Resident
When i try to txt msg with a photo attached a msg tells me the service is not available.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Most Helpful
Guardian

The catch is if data is turned on so that you can send MMS then you run the risk of incurring pay per use data charges for apps and services running in the background when you are not on WiFi. This is what happens with my daughter's phone (no data plan). She turns on data to send MMS and then forgets to turn it off after and racks up data charges when she receives email or someone contacts her via Google Hangouts or Snapchat.

I don't think there is a way to restrict data to MMS either on the phone or at the carrier.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Ambassador

Make sure you have data enabled. Even without a data plan, your cellular data must be turned on and not be blocked on your rate plan. Note that being connected to WiFi does not work as being connected to network data. If your web browser and all other data apps work while you are not connected to WiFi, than reach Telus for further troubleshooting. Pictures go through data network to be downloaded before converting into a regular text. You do not get charged, nor does it consume any data when you have a text messaging plan.

Highlighted
Most Helpful
Guardian

The catch is if data is turned on so that you can send MMS then you run the risk of incurring pay per use data charges for apps and services running in the background when you are not on WiFi. This is what happens with my daughter's phone (no data plan). She turns on data to send MMS and then forgets to turn it off after and racks up data charges when she receives email or someone contacts her via Google Hangouts or Snapchat.

I don't think there is a way to restrict data to MMS either on the phone or at the carrier.

View solution in original post