WiFi for android

NIABOC
Connector
what is the eta for android to have wifi calling since extend is dead
6 REPLIES 6

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

This Neighbourhood is inhabited by customers, just like you. We have no insight to Telus business plans, and no connection to the internal workings of Telus. We volunteer to share knowledge about Telus products and services which we have gained by experience or surmise. We are free to express our own opinions and comments, which may not always be in agreement with the ideals of Telus.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

SmokeJV
Advisor

On the old extend support page it just says 2017 for when they would be rolling it out on Android. But nothing more about when or even which phones. 

http://www.telus.com/en/bc/mobility/services/extend/

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User
Telus extend is dead. The CRTC effectively killed it and it has been discontinued. It's all detailed right on the Extend page you linked.

When actual wifi calling makes it to android is anyone's guess. I've found it to be a little flaky at times so far on the iPhone.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

I was referring that on the extend support page when they updated it in December to say Extend is going away they mention they will roll out wifi calling to Android throughout 2017.

WestCoasterBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Telus doesn't divulge when their ETA for WiFi Calling on Android will happen. When it came to iOS there wasn't much notice and only a few articles stating as such, and their announcement. The year is young but if i were to guess it would probably be May-July. Just have to see what happens at this point.

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User
Telus also has not made iPhone Wi-Fi calling available on either of their budget brands, yet. They may implement it there before rolling out the option for Android.
NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"