WiFi calling: processing, and calling with Xplornet

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

azvee
Neighbour
EDIT:
Solved completely by changing DNS settings on network to 8.8.8.8, under Settings>WiFi and selecting my home network.
WiFi calling is working perfectly. Why Telus couldn't recommend such a simple change is beyond me.

I set it up today and it said it was being processed and would be available soon. How long does this normally take?

Also, I'm with Xplornet Satellite. I have called Telus and Xplornet; Xplornet says there's no reason it shouldn't work (they offer VoIP home phone service), and the Telus service rep googled and came up with nothing helpful.

Is there anyone who successfully connects to WiFi calling with Xplornet satellite service?
Community Power User
Community Power User

The other post you made has a discussion in the thread about the inability to use Wi-FI calling when connected to a worksite wireless  network posted some time ago. While it doesn't answer your question, it appears there are some situations where Wi-Fi calling does not work.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"
Most Helpful
SmokeJV
Advisor

Interesting that the Telus Rep just 'googled' it, when their own forward facing support documentation online says contact them to get wifi calling with Xplornet.

https://www.telus.com/en/bc/support/article/wifi-calling-faq

In rare cases, your internet service provider (ISP) may affect your ability to connect. Please contact us if you are not able to connect through the following ISPs :

• Sasktel
  • Bell Aliant
  • Eastlink
  • Xplornet
Community Power User
Community Power User

@SmokeJV

@SmokeJV wrote:

Interesting that the Telus Rep just 'googled' it, when their own forward facing support documentation online says contact them to get wifi calling with Xplornet.

Good catch!

Xplornet offers both WISP and satellite services. It will be interesting to learn if they are treated differently for Wi-Fi calling.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"
azvee
Neighbour
I'm wondering if anyone has insight into why this is the case, since Xplornet says it shouldn't be an issue and Telus appears to have no clue.

Interested to hear from users that use Xplornet!
azvee
Neighbour
I found it odd too. And I called because their website didn't say it wouldn't work, only to call them... and they didn't know!
kingdig
Resident

I have 3 different xplornet sats and all of a sudden WiFi calling has stopped on all of them calling. All telus customers and all worked a month ago. Tried 8.8.8.8. and 4.4.4.4. I have call telus and xplornet numerous times to no avail.