Why is my phone showing no service?

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

WongTong
Leader

Accepted Solutions
Most Helpful
jason
Advocate

Can we get more details? Like which device, software version, etc...

View solution in original post

Most Helpful
n2004
Just Moved In

I see that too more often lately on my Samsung Galaxy S3, running the latest Android OS 4.1.1.

Baseband version is I747MVLDLK4.

I don't see any firmware listed in About device screen.

It is really annoying when this happens and you are not even connected to wifi, so I cannot even use the TELUS NetXP app to report it.

I have network selection set to Auto and I am in Ajax.

Most Helpful
jason
Advocate

If it happens a lot, bring it into a store. I've seen a lot of these being returned to Samsung to get it fixed or replaced. It's definitely a hardware issue! PM me for more details on the other cases if you want.

All Replies
Most Helpful
jason
Advocate

Can we get more details? Like which device, software version, etc...

Most Helpful
n2004
Just Moved In

I see that too more often lately on my Samsung Galaxy S3, running the latest Android OS 4.1.1.

Baseband version is I747MVLDLK4.

I don't see any firmware listed in About device screen.

It is really annoying when this happens and you are not even connected to wifi, so I cannot even use the TELUS NetXP app to report it.

I have network selection set to Auto and I am in Ajax.

Most Helpful
jason
Advocate

If it happens a lot, bring it into a store. I've seen a lot of these being returned to Samsung to get it fixed or replaced. It's definitely a hardware issue! PM me for more details on the other cases if you want.

Jonathan
Advocate

When this happens, try taking out your battery (if applicable) and SIM card for about a minute and then putting it back together. This will refresh the phone and network settings and hopefully it should restore your service.

Also, make sure you're in a Telus coverage area? You were pretty vague on what device and where it happens, etc. so I thought I'd suggest it anyway.

Make sure your bills are paid up on time and if you're on spending limit program, ensure that you haven't hit your cap.

sungirl
Neighbour

Hi, wongtong

What's your phone Brand and model?

Check whether your sim is placed properly in the slot. Try to reinsert the Sim. Still if you face the same problem then your phone might be locked to particular Network. To solve this problem you need to get your phone unlocked.You can unlock your phone using unlock code. You can get the unlock code for your phone from your Network service provider or any third party online vendors.If you have a old model phones then visit Unlock-Free.com here you need to specify your country, IMEI number of your phone, Network provider to which it is locked. Then they generate unlock code for your mobile at free of cost.

GPR
Just Moved In

IPhone 5 ....took out the SIM card and put back in...started working after 10 mins now...not sure