Why does data have to be so darn expensive??

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

Highlighted
mikhael
Resident
I'm happy being a telus customer, I really am but data is way to expensive!! $30/m per GB is too much.
I'm am quite certain that Telus makes enough money that they can afford to give their more loyal customers who have always paid on time and have been with your company a long time, a break.
At least consider dropping the rates to $20/GB
Until telus can do this for their loyal customers, like myself who have been here for about six years now, I will always be looking for some place else that offers a better deal!
Its getting to the point where only the richer or "upper middle class" are able to afford what everybody should have regardless of their income.
I realize telus is a business and, the purpose of a business is too make money but, please take a look at your profits and look hard to see if there is a way to offer cheaper data.
Please guys think about my proposal and at least offer your more loyal customers a better deal!
Thank you for your time.
Most Helpful

Hi, it's a good question, data is the most expensive mobile service since it requires the most from a mobile network. The cool thing is that you can connect to Wi-fi in many different locations.

Community Power User
Community Power User

I've heard rumors of a wireless ambassador plan and that has crazy cheap data but it's not publically available. Only mobility employess get it if they have their own devices if what I heard was true.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. Smiley Happy