When my wife sends me a text on her LG 'flip' phone, my Sony phone reads text as "null".

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

bburrill
Resident

I got a new Sony Ericcson Xpera "Ray" about 2 years ago. Recently, I added my wife to my mobility account and she uses my old LG flip phone. When she sends me a text from the LG, my Sony reads it as "null". She can send normal texts to all other phones. The LG phone formerly had the phone number I now use on my Sony phone. Any thoughts? I've spent about 2 hours with Telus techies without any success.

Community Manager
Community Manager

Do you know exactly what model she has ?

bburrill
Resident

The model is LG6070

WongTong
Ambassador

Not sure what could cause that, but you could try to reset her phone to manufacturer's default settings under Menu>Settings>System>Security>Enter your lock code (by default it's the last 4 digits of your phone number)>Select Reset Defaults>Press OK. This will only reset the settings, not your contents and contacts. Once that's done, dial *22803, select option 1 then option 2, then wait a few seconds until you hear the operator say programming was successful and hang up.