When i am using wifi am i still charged texting fees

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

Highlighted
Resident

Connector

Yes, because your text messages goes thorough your mobile network and not thorough your WiFi.  The only way you can't be charged for texting is the Unlimited SMS option.

Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User
If you text with a group of regulars, you could agree on using a common messaging app. There are many options to choose from.
NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"
Highlighted
Connector
Or that would work too. Personnally I prefer using an application that goes thourough WiFi because you have more features and it's a lot faster than texting.
Highlighted
CPU Alum
CPU Alum

Love Blackberry Messenger... after sending a message.  You can see if the recepient has had chance to read your message.  Something SMS lacks.

Highlighted
Guardian
Google Hangouts has the same feature. There is an icon below the last message the recipient has read.

While on Hangouts you can also see if someone is in the middle of typing you a message but hasn't sent it yet.

What's also nice is you have the option to consolidate your SMS and Hangout messages in one app and easily switch back and forth within the same conversation. For instance you can start a conversation using Hangouts over WiFi, drive somewhere in your car and continue the same conversation over SMS (not while driving of course).