Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the change to pay as you go

Nriley
Just Moved In

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

yililou
Just Moved In

Pre paid top up price will be changed from Aug. 1 ?  What's the rate?

View solution in original post

GrimConch
Helpful Neighbour

Aside from a bunch of changes to 30 day plans/addons, the most important change for most people is that per minute rates are changing from 30 cents, or 20 cents with a feature, to 50 cents or 15 with a feature.

The end result is that in most cases you'll now be better off to add some sort of a 30 day feature to your account. For example, right now if you're using $10 a month, that's about 33 minutes and 30 cents per minute. What you can do once the changes come into effect is add a $5 texting addon (250 texts). Now you'll have $5, at 15 cents/min that's still 33 minutes plus you've got texting now. If you are already using more than $10 per month, I would look into some of the other rate plans offered as well.

Some other major changes are that they are redoing the data plans, and bringing long distance and international textings rates in line with postpaid rates.

The full details can be found at telusmobility.com/prepaidchanges

Hope that helps!

Can I do this 

If I buy the 100$ voucher for 365 days Is the 5$/month text add on can be deducted from that amount each month i.e. 5$ x 12 = 60$ so I can carry a balance of 40$ for the year then top up when I need more talk time 

3 REPLIES 3

yililou
Just Moved In

Pre paid top up price will be changed from Aug. 1 ?  What's the rate?

GrimConch
Helpful Neighbour

Aside from a bunch of changes to 30 day plans/addons, the most important change for most people is that per minute rates are changing from 30 cents, or 20 cents with a feature, to 50 cents or 15 with a feature.

The end result is that in most cases you'll now be better off to add some sort of a 30 day feature to your account. For example, right now if you're using $10 a month, that's about 33 minutes and 30 cents per minute. What you can do once the changes come into effect is add a $5 texting addon (250 texts). Now you'll have $5, at 15 cents/min that's still 33 minutes plus you've got texting now. If you are already using more than $10 per month, I would look into some of the other rate plans offered as well.

Some other major changes are that they are redoing the data plans, and bringing long distance and international textings rates in line with postpaid rates.

The full details can be found at telusmobility.com/prepaidchanges

Hope that helps!

Can I do this 

If I buy the 100$ voucher for 365 days Is the 5$/month text add on can be deducted from that amount each month i.e. 5$ x 12 = 60$ so I can carry a balance of 40$ for the year then top up when I need more talk time