Weak 4Glte signal

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

Khalid
Just Moved In

I'm only getting one bar for signal in my condo.

Its only when i'm using 4Glte. I get full strength while using HSPA.  

I'm on the ground Floor of the building and I'm using a Blackberry Z30 sta-5 phone. The area code M9W 6A5.

xl
CPU Alum
CPU Alum

To clarify... what happens if you stand near your window? Does the LTE signal bars improve?

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

LTE is is preferentially selected by most phones. The LTE signal may come from a different and more distant tower than the HSPA signal. If the number of bars is important to you, you can set your phone to ignore the LTE signal and use the HSPA one instead.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"
Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

I've got the exact same situation where I live. LTE is at one bar, 3G is full bars. Both are on the same tower. The LTE is on a higher frequency so it is more susceptible to interference when the signal passes through things like buildings. 3G is lower frequency so it penetrates better and gives stronger signal.

Basically I just shut LTE off on my phone entirely. I don't do anything online that really needs anything faster than 3G.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂