cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voicemail

Annivery19
Just Moved In
Is it possible to allow 3 voicemails , then your voicemail is full ?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BrandonT
TELUS Employee
TELUS Employee

Hi @Annivery19 ,

It may be possible to speak to an agent through live chat or over the phone and request they downgrade your Voicemail 25 feature to the Voicemail 3 feature instead. This is not a common request, and I have never had the opportunity to try this solution with a customer before. The Voicemail 3 feature is only available on the Voice 35 plan, however they may be able to swap around the add-on without affecting your current plan. That would be the only solution I can think of. 

Alternatively, if you provide more context on the reasons for this request, we may be able to find another solution which also suits your needs.

Off the top of my head, I can think of a few reasons you may want to only receive 3 voicemails and block additional...

• You may be listening to your voicemails the standard way (calling your voicemail inbox, pressing 1 to listen to new messages, press 9 to save, press 7 to delete, etc). If you receive lots of voicemails this can be quite a daunting task to use the system to listen and delete more than 3 messages.

If this is the reason, perhaps the Visual Voicemail feature may interest you. Instead of calling your voicemail and dealing with the automated system, you can instead click the voicemail button, and you will instantly see a visual list of your voicemails and can play, pause, and skip voicemails with a touch of a finger. This feature is an add-on and is around $5. I personally love this feature on my cellphone. You can learn more about this feature for iPhone Clicking Here or for Android Clicking Here.

• You may be receiving a high volume of voicemails due to spam/scam/robo calls.

If this is the reason, perhaps the new free Call Control feature may interest you. It blocks most of these calls from ringing your phone and leaving a voicemail. You would instantly have to check your standard voicemail less often making it easier to manage. You can learn more about this feature by Clicking Here

TELUS Employee & Neighbourhood Volunteer :black_small_square: Found this post helpful? Let others know by clicking [❤️ Like] or [Accepted Solution].

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

Available voicemail add-ons: https://www.telus.com/en/mobility/add-ons?linktype=ge-meganav#voicemail. You can have up to 25 messages if you choose the add-on.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

BrandonT
TELUS Employee
TELUS Employee

Hi @Annivery19 ,

It may be possible to speak to an agent through live chat or over the phone and request they downgrade your Voicemail 25 feature to the Voicemail 3 feature instead. This is not a common request, and I have never had the opportunity to try this solution with a customer before. The Voicemail 3 feature is only available on the Voice 35 plan, however they may be able to swap around the add-on without affecting your current plan. That would be the only solution I can think of. 

Alternatively, if you provide more context on the reasons for this request, we may be able to find another solution which also suits your needs.

Off the top of my head, I can think of a few reasons you may want to only receive 3 voicemails and block additional...

• You may be listening to your voicemails the standard way (calling your voicemail inbox, pressing 1 to listen to new messages, press 9 to save, press 7 to delete, etc). If you receive lots of voicemails this can be quite a daunting task to use the system to listen and delete more than 3 messages.

If this is the reason, perhaps the Visual Voicemail feature may interest you. Instead of calling your voicemail and dealing with the automated system, you can instead click the voicemail button, and you will instantly see a visual list of your voicemails and can play, pause, and skip voicemails with a touch of a finger. This feature is an add-on and is around $5. I personally love this feature on my cellphone. You can learn more about this feature for iPhone Clicking Here or for Android Clicking Here.

• You may be receiving a high volume of voicemails due to spam/scam/robo calls.

If this is the reason, perhaps the new free Call Control feature may interest you. It blocks most of these calls from ringing your phone and leaving a voicemail. You would instantly have to check your standard voicemail less often making it easier to manage. You can learn more about this feature by Clicking Here

TELUS Employee & Neighbourhood Volunteer :black_small_square: Found this post helpful? Let others know by clicking [❤️ Like] or [Accepted Solution].