cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visual Voicemail has stopped Working

Shane
Leader

Greetings,

A few weeks ago Visual Voicemail stopped working. I called tech support. They reset my voice mail, and I had to set up voicemail from scratch again, but Visual voicemail still isn't working.

There is a new voicemail notification in the status bar that won't go away. When I call voicemail, it says I don't have any messages.

If I call tech support again, they will likely reset my voicemail (again), meaning I will have to set everything up again. Is there anything I can do?

There is a separate $5 charge on my bill for "Visual Voicemail 5" add-on. I have a Moto G Play 2024, which has Google Phone preinstalled as the phone app.

Thanks,

Shane.

1 REPLY 1

TELUS_Support
Official Support Team
Official Support Team

Hi Shane, Here are a few steps you can try to resolve the issue:

Clear App Cache: Go to Settings > Apps > Google Phone > Storage > Clear Cache. This can sometimes resolve notification issues.

Update Your Phone App: Make sure your Google Phone app is up to date. Visit the Google Play Store, search for Google Phone, and update if necessary.

Re-enable Visual Voicemail: Go to Settings > Apps > Google Phone > Visual Voicemail > Turn off and then Turn on again.

Reset Network Settings: Go to Settings > System > Advanced > Reset options > Reset Wi-Fi, mobile & Bluetooth. This will reset your network settings and might resolve any configuration issues.

Check Voicemail Settings: Open the Google Phone app, go to Settings > Voicemail, and make sure all settings are correctly configured.

If none of these steps work, you will need to give our tech support team a call. 

Need to private message us but don't know how? Check out this step-by-step guide.