Unlimited Data? Tethering?

Highlighted
DylanD
Friendly Neighbour

Does Telus have plans for unlimited data and tethering? If so what is the cost

Community Power User
Community Power User

@DylanD  Telus Mobility does not offer any unlimited data plans. In fact no mobile carrier in Canada offers unlimited data plans.

Do you live in a rural area with no high speed internet?

DylanD
Friendly Neighbour
We live outside of winning and have no home internet and we are still on mts using unlimited and tether fron phone to use my laptop
Community Power User
Community Power User

You could see if Bell offers their Turbo Hub in your area.  It would at least net you a reasonable data volume at somewhat sensible prices.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"

Hi Dylan, if you are migrate to TELUS from MTS with your current plan including unlimited data, then TELUS will in that case make an exception and honor it. As in, you will keep your unlimited plan when migrated over to TELUS. It is not however a plan that is offered or available through any other means.

DylanD
Friendly Neighbour
And i was told that tethering is built in, no need to pay extra?

Most smartphones have the ability to setup as hotspots, so it should work. It would be best to reach out to the Data & Network Assistance team to be sure though.

DylanD
Friendly Neighbour
How would i "migrate" do i have to buy out my contract or can i still be in it, what do you say to them to transfer the unlimited data.

If you are selected for migration, then you wouldn't need to say anything. Your plan would be honored Dylan. 

DylanD
Friendly Neighbour
Would i be able to change some of my plan also? Like lower the 15Gb to 5Gb as an example and keep the unlimited data?

If a plan change is involved, you would have to select from any of the available TELUS data add-on options. You can check out the plans on their www.telus.com site. 

DylanD
Friendly Neighbour
Ok last question, I may migrate my phone today, and idk if you've been through this procedure but will they.
1. Give me a new sdcard?
2. Since i have unlimited data on MTS but no tethering feature on mts, I'll carry over the unlimited data but will i be able to finally share it???
Community Power User
Community Power User

I thought you were already tethering to your laptop?

DylanD wrote:
on mts using unlimited and tether fron phone to use my laptop

NFtoBC
DylanD
Friendly Neighbour
Using my Mom's phone that has the tether plan 😅
Community Power User
Community Power User

DylanD wrote:
Ok last question, I may migrate my phone today, and idk if you've been through this procedure but will they.
1. Give me a new sdcard?
2. Since i have unlimited data on MTS but no tethering feature on mts, I'll carry over the unlimited data but will i be able to finally share it???

My guess is they will honour the current plan you have with MTS, and create similar on the Telus network. You will require a new SIM card.

NFtoBC