Unhappy with customer service and lack of incentives to stay a loyal customer

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

Highlighted
Resident

I have been a loyal Telus customer for over 10 years with a current device balance of $0. I have been informed that there are incentive loyalty upgrades for customers. That being said, I went on MyAccount to look at upgrading to a new device and there is a promotion for "savings and upgrades just for you", "click here for exclusive offers". However there is no deal or incentives, In fact the same "deals" are given to new customers.

Specifically I'm looking at the Iphone 6 which is listed at 70$ for both myself as well as new customers. Even if I did purchase the iphone 6 for 70$ my plan would have to increase from $105 to $135 over 24 months which is an extra $480 over the contract term, how is that a deal? My other option was to keep my $105 plan but pay $270 for the new phone. The only option for a 0$ device is to get the same device I already have, again how is that a deal?

I'm very unhappy about the lack of incentives to stay with Telus and as far as I'm concerned there are way better new customer deals with other carriers. I was not offered any deals for existing customers and basically treated like a new customer which is wrong. If that's how you show your gratitude to loyal customers, I will be contacting competing brands to expand my options.

In return for being a loyal and hopefully valued customer at Telus I am looking to upgrade my current (IPHONE 5s) for the new IPHONE 6 (listed as $70) but I am not willing to pay for the phone and will be prepared to negotiate a new contract with Telus when complete. I hope something can be done to resolve this issue. If nothing can be done to fix this please provide the necessary steps to cancel my plan with you.

Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User

This Neighbourhood is inhabited by customers, just like you. We have no insight to Telus business plans, and no connection to the internal workings of Telus. We volunteer to share knowledge about Telus products and services which we have gained by experience or surmise. As such, no one here can offer you a mobility package to meet your needs but only direct you to existing resources, such as the website, or the 'Contact Us' section of the website. My suggestion is to call *611 from your phone, and discuss your needs with the Customer Service Rep, to see what they can do for you. 

That said, in my experience, you can either keep your inexpensive grandfathered plan, which suits your budget, OR get a discounted phone, but not both. I know of many who are still holding on to the sweetheart data deals offered when the iPhone first became available to Telus, and are buying their phones outright to keep those deals.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"
Highlighted
Neighbour

There is many options that could be explored as loyalty is a huge compassion of TELUS. Have you looked into calling telus for a 70 dollar credit, and im aware of you having to change your plan, have you also asked for a subsity loyalty plan. Us here at telus are here to help you. if you have any questions here please don't hesitate to inbox me. 🙂 

Hope what i have said will HELP you make your final decision 🙂 

Again thanks for reading my reply and i look forward to hearing from you. 

Highlighted
TELUS Employee
TELUS Employee
You should callin for sure. I apologize you did not appreciate the wording of the marketing on the Telus site however that is what it is. If Telus wrote " click here to see what you as well as new customers can get" no one would click there! It's best you call in as you may have an exclusive offer that for some reason is not showing on the site and/or they could customize an offer for you. Just to warn you, as of this week legacy plans cannot be kept upon renewal 😞 you can also trade in your current phone for some money off!
Mobility Client Care Rep
Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User

@Mobility_Princess wrote:
Just to warn you, as of this week legacy plans cannot be kept upon renewal 

Link to press release?

NFtoBC
Highlighted
Resident
AFAIK Telus didn't do an official press release but the new policy has been announced company wide on our intranet.

If a client wants to keep a legacy plan as opposed to an in market, their only option is to buy a device outright.

If they want the contract pricing (either on premium or premium plus) they must choose an in market rate plan.

Hope this helps 🙂
Highlighted
Resident

Exactly why I will probably be discontinuing all my 8 devices with Telus.  Definitely not happy with Telus anymore. Gouging customers is sadly the norm these days.  If I had to change to these new crappy plans they currently offer I would rather not have a cell phone at all.

Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User

@M1ke wrote:

Exactly why I will probably be discontinuing all my 8 devices with Telus.  Definitely not happy with Telus anymore. Gouging customers is sadly the norm these days.  If I had to change to these new crappy plans they currently offer I would rather not have a cell phone at all.

If you have 8 phones, you may want to look at a business plan, rather than consumer plans. 

NFtoBC
Resident

Just to make it clear, the other providers do the same thing, if you want a new device you will almost always be required to switch to an in market plan.

Highlighted
Neighbour
This is starting to look like Telus no longer holds any advantage over the others on the service/retention angle. Too bad, I've enjoyed having decent service from them up until now.
Highlighted
Resident

having the same issue. 

customer over 15 years. Always pay bill on time and in full. 0$ device balance. 

To upgrade the 2 lines we have to Galaxy s7 and a s7 edge they want to bill us over $700 in upfront fees

If I activated new phones lines with same plans phones would cost 0$ WTF??? 

ok cancel our lines and activate new ones...... NOPE you have to wait 30 days cause it is Illegal to do so. (so the agent told us)

I'm TOTALLY and utterly Baffled!!! 

could someone PLEASE explain how this makes any sense at all?

Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User

The Galaxy S7 is available at 3 price points:

$870 purchased outright

$200 with a (new) smartphone plan at minimum $80 per month

$0 with a (new) Premium smartphone plan starting at $90 per month

The S7 edge is also available at 3 price points:

$1000 purchased outright

$350 with a (new) smartphone plan at minimum $80 per month

$150 with a (new) Premium smartphone plan starting at $90 per month

These plans are available to anyone. However, if you want to keep your current plan, you may not be able to avail of these prices. If your current contracts have expired, you should be able to purchase the phones with new Your Choice plans as described above. I suggest stopping by a Telus retail outlet, completing an online transaction, or calling again to make a purchase.

NFtoBC