cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US roaming prefer partner Verizon ?

Elppaynos
Organizer
I went to US a week, my phone primary roaming on Verizon network, before was T-mobile.
4 REPLIES 4

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

Things change. Verizon is one I saw most of the time while roaming in the US. T-Mobile popped up initially but it didn't work well so the phone seemed to stick with Verizon after that.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

BillTelusCust
Rockstar

That probably means they have VoLTE working in the USA now with your phone...Verizon was preferred before, but then they went to LTE from CDMA and Telus went to 3G GSM first, then LTE, so the two were not compatible for awhile.

Somehow I don't think that'll be the issue with many current phones. Especially the iPhone, which I was using. T-Mobile seemed to have weaker signal on the Vegas strip (even outdoors and outside the T-Mobile store) that kept dropping to 3G. After that the iPhone switched to Verizon and stayed there.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

It most certainly is the issue.  When your TELUS phone doesn't have the ability to use VoLTE, it falls back to 3G, but this is a network that Verizon does not have.  AT&T and T-mobile do.  So when Telus moved from CDMA to the GSM standards, they had to change roaming partners for those phones - to partners like T-Mobile and AT&T.  Since Verizon migrated later in the game, their LTE does not have the fallback to the correct 3G....now that VoLTE roaming has come into play, it is compatible with the current Verizon network.