Travelling within Canada

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

Bwgreen
Just Moved In

Hi,

I looked, but didn't see a recent answer for this.  My wife and I have a shared plan (300 local daytime minutes & data), are we going to get hit with additional charges if we travel outside our local area, but within Canada (we live in Ottawa and will be going to Mont Tremblant this weekend.

Thanks,

Brian

Accepted Solutions
Most Helpful
NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

In addition to @xl comment, any calls to your phone will attract long distance charges, as you are outside your local calling area. Calls you make to numbers in Mont Tremblant while there would be considered a local call. Calls elsewhere would be long distance. 

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"

View solution in original post

All Replies
xl
CPU Alum
CPU Alum

Data should be fine... One potential charge to look into is long distance/roaming for your current plan.

Will you be getting long distance charges when receiving calls?  Local calls to hotels should be fine, but calling back home may also be long distance.

Most Helpful
NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

In addition to @xl comment, any calls to your phone will attract long distance charges, as you are outside your local calling area. Calls you make to numbers in Mont Tremblant while there would be considered a local call. Calls elsewhere would be long distance. 

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"

View solution in original post

Bwgreen
Just Moved In

In addition to the information both xl and NFtoBC gave, I called Telus to ask them - their answer is exactly what is here, with one addition - calls between our phones (since we are both on the same plan) are considered free.

I just wanted to add this in case someone else was looking for information!

Brian