cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tourist options

Ian_the_kiwi
Just Moved In

We will be visiting from New Zealand August/September 2019. I am looking for advice as to what our best options for Calgary, Vancouver, West Coast Canada and Alaska (Anchorage). We both have unlocked Samsung A8 phones. Appreciate any advice. I realize that we will, most likely, need International roaming for the Alaskan leg of our trip. Just looking for options and ball park costs. Our POE is Vancouver.

2 REPLIES 2

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Telus' sub-brand Koodo might be a better choice to meet your needs. You could set up a Koodo prepaid plan to meet your Canadian and Alaskan telecommunications needs, with a base plan, add-on data, minutes and US data text and minutes.  You could also check to see if a US plan purchased once you arrive in Alaska would be a cheaper option. Use of a prepaid plan means you can abandon it at any time without future financial repercussions.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

Syaoran
Rockstar
This sounds very similar to a thread on the T-Monile boards. The prepaid T-Mobile One plan includes Canada and Mexico for roaming. However you would need to order a SIM from the US because they are not sold in Canada.

Depending on when you leave for Canada, you could order the prepaid SIM from amazon.com and have it shipped internationally. I had to do this once when my SIM died while abroad.