Telus and RCS integration

Highlighted
Resident

Telus pushed an update to my Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ phone this weekend that adds RCS chat to the Samsung Messages app on the phone.  When I try to 'enable' the feature within the app I get a message saying "registration failed".  I called Telus tech support and they told me the Galaxy Note 10+ is not on their 'approved devices' list for RCS features.  So why did they bother to push a firmware upgrade that enabled the feature on my phone?

Highlighted
Connector
Been using it for a few week now. It foes work.

Just have to follow those step :

https://www.androidpolice.com/2019/10/26/screw-your-carrier-heres-how-to-enable-rcs-in-the-messages-...
TELUS Employee
TELUS Employee
Does it work with Google Messages or Samsung Messages?

And with what device? I tried with a Note 9 to no avail.
Highlighted
Connector
Goodday,

Only work with Google messages.

Highlighted
Coach
I have the same issue on my Note10+, I hate that this update was even pushed despite not being able to activate chat features
Highlighted
Resident

Hi!

Yes, I tried both Google's and Telus's url in Messages to get RCS working for my Samsung S9, I was testing against someone on Bell network that does have RCS working correctly. It did not work for us, sadly.

The url is the same as listed earlier in this thread:

https://www.androidpolice.com/2019/10/31/screw-your-carrier-heres-how-to-enable-rcs-in-the-messages-...

Cheers,

Rod

Highlighted
Friendly Neighbour
Two years since this discussion started and STILL NOTHING?! How about if I stop paying my bill for 2 years...would that get your attention Telus?
Highlighted
Friendly Neighbour
And what are they doing to get one of the top flagship phones in the world working with their services?
Highlighted
Connector
The RCS fo work. Install Google message and activate the feature in the app option. Will take 5 min before it is active.
Highlighted
Helpful Neighbour

I'm on a Pixel 4 and use Google messages and nope.. 

Screenshot_20200121-173252.png

Highlighted
Resident
This is getting absolutely ridiculous they need to get off their butts regarding RCS. Rogers fully rolled it out 2 years ago and nobody at the Telus call centre even knows with RCS even is when I call in let alone a roll-out date
Highlighted
TELUS Employee
TELUS Employee
This shouldn’t be happening..
Highlighted
Connector

What happens when you're in the United States with Rogers on Wi-Fi Calling and dial 911?
Where does it do? Does 911 in the US close to where you are pick up or does Canadian 911 pick up?

That might be the reason why TELUS doesn't allow it.

Highlighted
Rockstar

If it is, they should say so.  But they didn't.   I'm done with them.

Highlighted
Guardian

@DeanLubaki wrote:

What happens when you're in the United States with Rogers on Wi-Fi Calling and dial 911?
Where does it do? Does 911 in the US close to where you are pick up or does Canadian 911 pick up?

That might be the reason why TELUS doesn't allow it.

RCS and Wifi Calling are separate unrelated features. This thread is about RCS.

Highlighted
Rockstar

Point taken.

Maybe we should start a thread "Things Telus doesn't do but should"

Highlighted
Friendly Neighbour
Android messeges wont work on my note 10 plus or op7 pro. Get an error saying my devices aren't compatible when trying rcs.
Highlighted
Friendly Neighbour
Me neither on my note 10 plus or op7 pro. Telus told me samsung has to update. Lol. I think telus is feeding us a bunch of bs. I dont think they have it at all. Might leave telus. Only been with them for 3 months. No contract. Lie to me I'm gone.
Highlighted
Friendly Neighbour
I'm thinking of going back to bell. Like this week. I have no contract and clearly telus isnt giving a **bleep**. Wife's s10e on bell has rcs. What a joke
Highlighted
Friendly Neighbour
They are doing nothing. My note 10 plus and op7 pro both arent supported apparently. I think none are supported. Telus just yanking chains.
Highlighted
Friendly Neighbour
I looked into what bell has for support and they only support rcs on samsung devices but telus doesnt. This makes no sense.
Highlighted
Rockstar

I experienced them "making up a lot of stories" when I was asking about wifi calling and why it was restricted to Canada only.  I'm not surprised if this happens with RCS also....

Highlighted
Guardian
I just noticed Chat features are now enabled on my OnePlus One. I checked my wife's Nexus 6P and my daughter's Pixel 2XL and they both have it now as well.
Highlighted
Guardian
I just noticed Chat features are now enabled on my OnePlus One. I checked my wife's Nexus 6P and my daughter's Pixel 2XL and they both have it now as well.
Highlighted
Ambassador

Chat also appeared on my Telus essential phone yesterday.  RCS, chat support proved by jibe mobile - Google.

Highlighted
Coach
Get the Google Messages app and RCS will work. Works on my S20+, S20 Ultra and S8+. Samsung Messages RCS doesn't work.