Telus Extend Problems

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

Resident
A Telus Mobility customer for years, a few months ago I moved to a weak service area and got offered to try Telus Extend. I'm using iPhone 4s with latest IOS, so is my wife. Both of us are having the same two problems:

1) when making calls using extend, after about three minutes, we can still hear the other party, but they can't hear us. We have to hang up and call again to get a few more minutes.
2) when launching the app, it often asks us for a security key, which we need cellular service to receive. We don't have cellular service, and need to walk down the road to get the text.

Please fix these problems Telus
Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User
So you're both using iPhone 4s? I will test mine on my old 4s and then a 6 and see if I can replicate the loss of voice.

Since i setup my extend I never needed to again. It just provisons and signs in.

Find a post useful, please click on "Like" to give the author recognition or mark as an accepted solution.
Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User

@Secshunate wrote:

1) when making calls using extend, after about three minutes, we can still hear the other party, but they can't hear us. We have to hang up and call again to get a few more minutes.

I experienced this when calling one particular Telus cell customer. Didn't last as long as three minutes though, it dropped in seconds.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"
Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User

Just noted there is a new release (1.49) for iPhone dated Sept 23. 

Not sure if this update will address your problems.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"