cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TELUS rep says they are better than Koodoo.....

Barry79
Connector

and won't price match on plans. Seems strange to here them slag their own company. Thoughts ???

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

tsizzle
Leader

Better is probably the wrong term here. They offer a more complete customer service experience and will perform a ton of actions on the customers' behalf free of charge, Koodo on the other hand are a more value-oriented brand and charge customers for doing things they can otherwise do themselves online. This is part of why Telus is considered a premium brand & Koodo a value brand (among other things like learning centres, trade-in programs, multi-subscriber discounts, tablet financing etc.).

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

Dark_Knight
Rockstar

Not strange at all @Barry79 - They are still competing with TELUS for customers, so it's not unusual for them to say they are better. 

TELUS is considered a 'premium' carrier. They offer a LOT more options/add-ons/etc than Koodo does. If you don't need those frills, then Koodo is probably a better option. 

iPhone power user

tsizzle
Leader

Better is probably the wrong term here. They offer a more complete customer service experience and will perform a ton of actions on the customers' behalf free of charge, Koodo on the other hand are a more value-oriented brand and charge customers for doing things they can otherwise do themselves online. This is part of why Telus is considered a premium brand & Koodo a value brand (among other things like learning centres, trade-in programs, multi-subscriber discounts, tablet financing etc.).

View solution in original post

wally_west
Ambassador

Better is a big word but my friend was working for a Telus dealer and 1 thing's for sure, the training of the Telus agents is way more difficult and lonk compare to Koodo agents. Better agents can make a big difference. I think it's similar in terms of network but for many small reasons, Telus will be a better choice. that's my personal opinion.

Rodney2007_2007
Advocate

YEHA I TICKED THEM OFF TODAY Y LEAVING THEY WONT MATCH TO OTHER PRICES FOR EXAMPLE WIND HAS 60 A MONTH FOR UNLIMITED IN COMING OUT GOING CALLS LOCAL OR LD TO AND FROM USA. ALSO INCLUDES TEXT MESSAGES FOR ME TO SEND TXT TO USA FROM TELUS I HAVE TO DAMB PAY 15 XTRA OR 10.

@Rodney2007_2007 wrote:

YEHA I TICKED THEM OFF TODAY Y LEAVING THEY WONT MATCH TO OTHER PRICES FOR EXAMPLE WIND HAS 60 A MONTH FOR UNLIMITED IN COMING OUT GOING CALLS LOCAL OR LD TO AND FROM USA.

Perhaps you should ask...

• why Wind is asking a company to buy them out?  But no one wants to touch them.
  • why Wind is so succesfull trying to be bankrupt?  What's wrong with their new business plan?
  • why Wind refuses to invest in the new 700mhz frequency?
  • when will Wind offer LTE like other carriers?  We are still waiting!
    https://www.google.ca/search?q=wind+mobile+lte

Don't get me started on why Wind believes in roaming charges IN CANADA when I drive 30 minutes from the city core.  Before they looking at offering good coverage in USA.... why not Canada?

1st off I am covered all across Canada to call with out been xtra billed and 2 I am covered to call USA and Canada and text from my area to USA and Telus wanted 15.00 to cover to send messages to USA and 25.00 to cover USA so I rithwer pay 60 with tax INC and also they got no service in Lake Field or Norwood or havelock I dont care I dont go there on reg bases.

We get it @Rodney2007_2007 Enjoy your new carrier. Perhaps you can register for their online forum...

iPhone power user

Just found the Wind Mobile forum...

Good for you if you like your new mobile provider so my question to you Rodney2007 is this: Why are you here, on a Telus forum? Anwser: your actual provider probably doesn't support a mobile forum like this one! Without knowing it, you're actually showing why Telus is great, thanks Rodney 🙂

Rodney2007 is here because he's preparing for the day Wind goes under and he needs to find a new carrier.

GrimConch
Helpful Neighbour

#1 thing Koodo lacks is in-store support. Most locations can't access accounts for anything. This doesn't really matter to folks like you and me who are okay using the internet as we are now.

#2 thing which you HOPE never matters is warranty issues, with Telus you can go into any store, with Koodo only certain locations in some cities can do it, and I hear a lot of people having trouble getting this stuff dealt with over the phone or by mail. That said, Koodo's pretty quick to just waive the tab balance for you instead. They must know what a pain in the ass it is...

Lastly, Koodo's plans aren't any better for the higher-end phones (iPhone 5S, Galaxy S5, et al) if you're getting them at discount price. The large tab plans are identical to Telus's SharePlus, only Telus actually gives you a better deal for multi-subscriber plans.

When it's all said and done, though, if plan price point matters enough you should switch by all means.