cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

South Surrey little to zero cellphone signal

Magnino
Neighbour
I live on 20 av close to 152 in South Surrey and I recently changed from Rogers to Telus. Rogers had a weak yet functional signal, but Telus has little to zero signal and the phone calls cut out all the time. I have had friends sending me WhatsApp messages to tell me that my phone is not answering calls.
Although It’s more than one phone with the same issue, I have run all the phone diagnosis
Possible to ensure it’s not a device problem.

What should I do to get this looked into?
8 REPLIES 8

WestCoasterBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

See the following link to report your service issue. Click on the purple "report an issue".

Submitted a second one just now. I had done that before with zero follow up from Telus. Thanks anyway for the help

WestCoasterBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Telus won't follow up with you but will send it to the appropriate team. Generally if something hardware related things can be fixed. If it's a signal issue regarding a needed tower then that is an entire different process.

FuzzyLogic
Community Power User
Community Power User

In the meantime, if you haven't done it already, you should enable wi-fi calling as this can help when you have poor reception in your home.

Just a long time customer hoping to help.

BobH55
Organizer

I live near 152 & 24 - same issue.  I appreciated the link and put in a complaint.  I don't expect much as I've been complaining to Telus for years, nothing but a suggestion to use wifi calling.  But actual work to fix the problem, crickets....

It may be a known area of concern with no quick or short term plans for a fix other than the Wi-Fi calling work around you mentioned. I'm assuming you already have a ticket logged for the signal issue with the tech support team.

I've reported it to support many times. And been told there are no plans to address the issue. I suspect those were all closed;.  I also followed the link provided above by WestCoasterBC and put in a complaint that way.

Gotcha, yeah if a ticket is logged and you were told there are no immediate changes then it sounds like the Wi-Fi calling workaround is the only option... In some cases it can take a while to make infrastructural changes required to impact coverage in some areas.