So pissed with Telus!

Highlighted
Resident
They called my husband and offered him a free tablet. No extra charges, completely free. Because they had charged us for something they weren’t supposed to have. I thought it didn’t sound right and said he shouldn’t have accepted it. But he did. Get our bill, tablet is on a 2 year contract on which we are paying for it as well a phone number for it and data for it. It’s costing us about 60 a month. Tried to call them, been on hold for over an hour and a half. This is such bull crap. Sending back the piece of crap tablet that we didn’t need and moving or services else where!

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Most Helpful
Community Power User
Community Power User

Interesting, since Telus no longer offers tablet plans independent of a share plan. If I recall, it was a C$10 add on to share data on your existing plan, plus of course the payment plan (about $25/mo).

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Most Helpful
Community Power User
Community Power User

Interesting, since Telus no longer offers tablet plans independent of a share plan. If I recall, it was a C$10 add on to share data on your existing plan, plus of course the payment plan (about $25/mo).

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Rockstar

Are you sure that's $60 monthly and not a one time charge for tablet taxes and initial services?

I have tablets on my Telus account, $5 a month for shared data, and if on a two year payment plan, $14 to $20 a month. The phone number on a tablet isn't the same as a mobile phone number, it's not associated with a costly rate plan, and tablets on a two year contract are not subsidized; you pay off the retail price in non-taxed monthly installments, because you pay the full tax upfront when you purchase.

The cost of it all anyway is nowhere near $60 a month. But you may have a one time charge of $60 or more for taxes and initial services, after that your monthly total for a single tablet should be no more than $25. If tablet charges have gone up substantially since my last purchase, I'm unaware of it. Telus hasn't notified me of an increase in my tablet fees.

As for the "free" offer -- doesn't sound legit.