Smartphone on any Prepaid plan

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

Londondawg
Just Moved In

Can I use any Telus Smartphone on any Prepaid plan?

Accepted Solutions
Most Helpful
Londondawg
Just Moved In

Thank you NFtoBC

I recently purchased the NTC One, I hope this won't be an issue for me...your reply really helped.

Thank you very much.

View solution in original post

Most Helpful
tsizzle
Ambassador

As long as you bought the phone outright (full price, not on contract) then you would be able to. Make sure that if you bought the device from another carrier it is unlocked before you put in the Telus SIM.

Most Helpful
pappu
Connector

@Londondawg wrote:

If you want to use other than Telus prepaid plan on your Smart phone means,Your phone should be unlocked one.If it's locked means you will need to unlock your phone.For unlocking you can approach your service provider or else try to buy an unlocking service from any one of the online unlocking service provider like Unlock-Zone.com Here you can unlock your phone at low cost.

All Replies
NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User
Yes, just be aware of the data needs of the phone. Some need to connect to the data network to gather certain bits of information on a frequent basis.
NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"
Most Helpful
Londondawg
Just Moved In

Thank you NFtoBC

I recently purchased the NTC One, I hope this won't be an issue for me...your reply really helped.

Thank you very much.

Most Helpful
tsizzle
Ambassador

As long as you bought the phone outright (full price, not on contract) then you would be able to. Make sure that if you bought the device from another carrier it is unlocked before you put in the Telus SIM.

Most Helpful
pappu
Connector

@Londondawg wrote:

If you want to use other than Telus prepaid plan on your Smart phone means,Your phone should be unlocked one.If it's locked means you will need to unlock your phone.For unlocking you can approach your service provider or else try to buy an unlocking service from any one of the online unlocking service provider like Unlock-Zone.com Here you can unlock your phone at low cost.