Removing data

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

someone_9e9
Ambassador

How do i remove data ? Completely ? For some reason telus had 500mb and 1gb on my account and i use wifi and i need to save money till i can afford data

Accepted Solutions
Most Helpful
jayman1973
Helpful Neighbour

Hello someone_9e9,

Are you absolutely sure that you want to remove data completely?  If you are using Wi-Fi then you don't have to worry about data.  If I am correct Wi-Fi does not use up data.  In regards to the issue about the 500mb and 1gb on your account, give TELUS a call at *611, they can have a look at your account, find out what is going on and make the necessary adjustments.  I would suggest keeping the data for now until you can afford it.  But in the meantime don't use the data keep using the Wi-Fi.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Most Helpful
jayman1973
Helpful Neighbour

Hello someone_9e9,

Are you absolutely sure that you want to remove data completely?  If you are using Wi-Fi then you don't have to worry about data.  If I am correct Wi-Fi does not use up data.  In regards to the issue about the 500mb and 1gb on your account, give TELUS a call at *611, they can have a look at your account, find out what is going on and make the necessary adjustments.  I would suggest keeping the data for now until you can afford it.  But in the meantime don't use the data keep using the Wi-Fi.

View solution in original post

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

If you're not on a contract, call Telus and they can block data entirely if you want. You won't be able to use any services that require data included those if your phone is lost or stolen.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂
SuperFred

Hi, which mobile device are you using? It's possible to block the mobile data from the phone itself (depending on the type of device you have) which gives you full control and no need to call in every time to turn it off/on.