cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RCS Messaging Samsung Messages

Gras
Friendly Neighbour

Hey Everyone!

I know that several friends with the Samsung Galaxy S10 on Telus have had RCS chat features enabled. I have a BYOD plan and can see RCS, in Google Messages, but it doesn't come up in Samsung Messages as an option. I don't understand why I am being denied RCS capability on a BYOD handset. Can anyone shed some light on this for me?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Gras
Friendly Neighbour

So it ends up that RCS doesn't work unless you have Telus firmware / software installed on the device. You need to change your CSC to Telus and voila... Automatically works. CSR told me that I had to invoke Samsung support because it was a Samsung issue but it's clearly something on Telus's backend of detecting what your phone is set to.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Gras
Friendly Neighbour

So it ends up that RCS doesn't work unless you have Telus firmware / software installed on the device. You need to change your CSC to Telus and voila... Automatically works. CSR told me that I had to invoke Samsung support because it was a Samsung issue but it's clearly something on Telus's backend of detecting what your phone is set to.

Gras
Friendly Neighbour

IF YOU CHANGE CSC IT WILL RESET YOUR DEVICE TO FACTORY. BACKUP FIRST. 😄