Prepaid Data renewal problem?

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

Highlighted
Resident

I am currently using prepaid services on my iPhone. I recently topped up my account to pay for my monthly plan with data. The top up was successful because my balance has went back to where it was before I added the $50. I was assuming everything was renewed. However, when I open the Telus app, it says I have 0 Mb left of data. I should have 500Mb for each month. I'm worried to use my data in case I get charged with going over my limit even though it was supposed to be renewed. Any ideas? Thanks.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Most Helpful
Guardian

The top up was successful because my balance has went back to where it was before I added the $50.

I'm confused by your statement above. Your balance went back to where it was BEFORE you added $50? If you added $50 your balance should be at least $50. I doubt that the timing of your top up was such that it went in exactly at the same time as the renewal. You need to check your credit card to see if the transaction went through.

The data add-on will automatically renew only if you have sufficient credits in your account. If your balance at that time doesn't cover it then you've missed the automatic renewal. If you add funds after the fact it's no longer automatic and you need to request the add-on again.

30-day rate plans and add-ons expire after 30 days and are set to automatically renew every 30 days. You can remove autorenewal by calling #123 from your device or by logging in to your account at telus.com/my-account. Rate plans and add-ons can only be renewed when there are sufficient credits in the account to pay the price. If you have less than 30 days left on your account balance and purchase a 30-day rate plan or add-on, the expiry date on your balance is reset to 30 days from the purchase, so that the balance and the rate plan or add-on expire at the same time.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Most Helpful
Guardian

The top up was successful because my balance has went back to where it was before I added the $50.

I'm confused by your statement above. Your balance went back to where it was BEFORE you added $50? If you added $50 your balance should be at least $50. I doubt that the timing of your top up was such that it went in exactly at the same time as the renewal. You need to check your credit card to see if the transaction went through.

The data add-on will automatically renew only if you have sufficient credits in your account. If your balance at that time doesn't cover it then you've missed the automatic renewal. If you add funds after the fact it's no longer automatic and you need to request the add-on again.

30-day rate plans and add-ons expire after 30 days and are set to automatically renew every 30 days. You can remove autorenewal by calling #123 from your device or by logging in to your account at telus.com/my-account. Rate plans and add-ons can only be renewed when there are sufficient credits in the account to pay the price. If you have less than 30 days left on your account balance and purchase a 30-day rate plan or add-on, the expiry date on your balance is reset to 30 days from the purchase, so that the balance and the rate plan or add-on expire at the same time.

View solution in original post