cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PrePaid Activate New Sim Card

EwwwBlah
Neighbour

There is a problem with the website and both myself and the store location is unable to activate a brand new sim card for a prepaid service. Why is it no one is aware of this, dont all telus people get incident reports of features or menu's being off line? I've called 866-558-2273 (doesnt work, the question asked on the recording is enter the phone # you'd like to call "what?") tried the number on the back of the sim card 866-558-7723 waited on hold for 1 hour, guy gets on and says this isnt the prepaid #, goes away and throws me back in a queue, he didnt say anything to how long the wait will be again, what the direct # is, or offers to get an agent to call me back. There is no option for call back and now on hold for a total of 2hrs. All service support should be available on chat, or the agent on chat should get the correct agent to call us back from the correct department. this is absolute garbage being transferred around to start yet again on hold with another department. Do Better. Where can I see telus website problems or menus being offline?

1 REPLY 1

TELUS_Support
Official Support Team
Official Support Team

We're sorry to hear about the experience you've had with activating your SIM card and the frustration with our support process. Unfortunately, we currently don’t have a centralized location for customers to see ongoing website issues or offline menus. Any major network issues would however be posted at telus.com/outages. 

Need to private message us but don't know how? Check out this step-by-step guide.