cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor Cell Service - Oak Ridges / Richmond Hill

Hucyn
Just Moved In
Hi all,

I live in the Oak Ridges/Richmond Hill area near Bayview and Stouffville Rd and consistently have poor reception in my home and neighbourhood. My calls will drop 99% of the time when passing by the intersection of Bayview and Stouffville Rd. I have poor Cell Service no matter where I stand in my house. It's concerning because I have elderly parents who don't live with me and there have been numerous occasions where they've tried to contact me and were unable to get through.

My husband is with Rogers and has pretty good reception in our area and within the home.

Does anyone know if there are plans to improve the cell service in this area?

Thank you.
2 REPLIES 2

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

Telus does not have any towers in that area at all. Bell's towers are being used in this case. The nearest Bell tower is right across from the Rogers one close to the intersection of Stoufville Rd and Yonge Street. There is also a Bell tower on the east end of Wilcox Lake next to Bayview.

You can see the locations of the towers here: https://www.ertyu.org/steven_nikkel/cancellsites.html

If you are having problems with reception, you will want to call technical support so that Telus can pass the feedback on to Bell.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

Thanks for the reply. I will contact customer support.