cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor Cell Service - Langley (East)

LawC
Just Moved In

Since the COVID19 pandemic hit in March 2020 I have noticed a severe reduction in the quality of cell signal in East Langley (Fraser Valley). Multiple calls dropped, broken speech connections and slow internet download - very frustrating! Was hoping it was only a short term problem, but it doesn't seem to be getting any better after 6 months. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

Did you call Telus and report the problems yet? That would be the first recommended step.

Also when you say Langley East, how far east are we talking? The Bypass? 248 St? There are quite a few towers in Langley so identifying the closest one could be useful.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

Did you call Telus and report the problems yet? That would be the first recommended step.

Also when you say Langley East, how far east are we talking? The Bypass? 248 St? There are quite a few towers in Langley so identifying the closest one could be useful.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

I called Telus back in May 2020 to report poor cell reception and told they would look into it???? As of today no improvement in cell reception. The zone I am referring to is between 218th Street (Langley Hospital ) and 224th street North of Fraser Highway to 64th Avenue. Multiple dropped calls and broken speech calls everyday

I have tried multiple different phones with the same result 

Fields
Just Moved In

Yes, you are right!

I live in Murrayville, between 216th and 224th and I only get a dot on my bars, and when walking into our basement while on a call, service stops all together. I can't use my Telus cell phone to make a call in my own house. 

East Langley is part of the Greater Vancouver Metropolitan Area where thousands of people live with the poorest of cell coverage, a large Hospital and a large Rec Centre that services a lot of people. Telus has to step it up and fix this.